Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth!

Last Saturday we went with some of our good friends to the Circus at the Honda Center. We met at our house in the morning and had breakfast and then all headed up to the show. Jake was so excited all morning, but as soon as we walked in and the lights went down he totally freaked out and just wanted to leave. So being the good dad that he is, Jon took him outside and let him walk around and see all of the animals in their cages. He loved this and it was much less overwhelming for him. After intermission Jon brought him back in and I stood by the stairwell with him the rest of the time. He slowly made his way closer and closer until he could see the show. He really liked watching the tigers and the elephants. Nathan did well for most of it, but got pretty restless towards the end so we ended up leaving a little early. Overall, it was a fun time, but I think we'll wait until they are a little older until we take them back to the Circus!

Nathan and Trent eating popcorn.
Look at all of those toys! Too bad we aren't nice enough to buy them anything- I just can't stand buying something that I know I can get for a third the price at the actual store!
Jake left a happy boy!

11 comments:

cat said...

i know that i should just comment on the circus, but all i can say is you look gorgeous...gorgeous and oh so skinny ALREADY!!!

Melanie said...

Sarah, you looks soooo good! :)

It's too bad the circus wasn't more of a hit with the boys, but like you said, you can always try again in a couple years! Seeing animals is always fun.

Robyn said...

First of all, I loved all of your family vacation pictures. It sounds like you had a great time with your siblings. What a fun family!

And that family picture that you had taken in the brown, tan, and white better be making it on your Christmas card this year. It's such a beautiful picture of your family!

We had fun at the circus, I just don't know why Trent didn't want to sit and watch the acrobats do their thing. Thanks for sharing your food with him too. I wish we would've brought snacks. And Cortney, thanks again for the orange and cinnamon rolls. They were delish. Thanks for inviting us to such a fun day!

Cortney said...

Fun day! I am just really disappointed there are no pics of the unics in their flesh toned leotards!!! PLEASE don't forget to record SYTYCD... I don't think I can handle your pain another week!! And next year, Steven and I will be crashing your family reunion. Looks like fun!

Bethany said...

How fun! I should take my kids to the circus. And seriously you do looke super skinny!

Heather said...

For some reason I remember being apprehensive about the circus when I was a little kid. It will be so fun to take them again when they're a little older. What a fun idea!

I agree with everyone - you look great! Can't believe you just had your third kid.

We were in the OC/San Diego area last week, but didn't spend much time in M.V. Let's get together in a few weeks when we come back down for our first parenting class! I'll give you a call...

Nat Lud said...

I am with everyone else--you are looking so slim, chica! Glad you all had a fun time. My kids would love the circus--at least I think so! :)

Tonya said...

Wow, you guys do so much fun stuff! I am kinda scared of clowns for some irrational reason, so I have never taken my kids to the circus. And probably won't. Glad you guys liked it though!!

April said...

We're going next month up here in WA. Guess we'll just have to see how it works for us:)

mcwally said...

ok, apparantly everyone else is saying the same thing i intend to: you look GREAT! wow. and the circus looked like fun, too...

Sunny said...

I want to go to the circus! Though I'm with Tonya, I'm AFRAID of clowns.