- Tonsillectomy
- ACL Reconstruction
- D&C
- 3 C-Sections
- Thyroidectomy
- Chollisysectomy (Gall Bladder)
and now... - Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery
This is seriously the list I have to write every time I fill out a medical form that asks me to list the surgeries I have had. It's kind of embarrassing! Ever since I was pregnant with Jake I have had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my right hand and wrist. It has gotten worse with each pregnancy and isn't going away so I finally decided to just have the surgery and get it fixed for good.
The surgery was this morning at an outpatient surgery center. It was a fairly simple procedure- they made a cut at the base of my palm and cut the ligament back relieving the pressure on the Carpal Tunnel nerve. The doctor said that there was a lot more pressure than he had thought, but that everything went well.
Jon took the day off of work and has been playing Mr. Mom all day. He even found time to clean our bathroom! He makes this job look easy! Right now I can't use my right hand which is highly annoying, but they say that the recovery is pretty quick. Thank goodness!
Pre-surgery (sorry about the bare shoulder!)
Post Surgery (I actually didn't get nauseous with the anesthesia this time- I think my body is getting used to it!)
16 comments:
Holy cow, that is quite a list! Hopefully you will have some relief now from the carpal Tunnel, I can't imagine that pain. So is there no way that it could come back with another pregnancy? I hope you're up and around again soon!
Sarah! You have so many medical issues I can't even believe it. Glad this one was a simple procedure, but annoying that you can't use your hand. Oh well, Jon will have to do everything then! Yay!
How are your eyes anyway?
Oh good, I hope you have immediate relief from the carpal tunnel syndrome! How did you manage to look cute pre AND post surgery? I was so mad when Brian snapped the photo of me pre-op in April. No way would I let him take a pic of me post-op!
Oh Sarah, I hope your wrist feels better really soon. That is quite a list! Crazy to think about, but what a blessing that these procedures are available.
Wow chica! You are quite the trooper! Hope the healing is fast and you are back to decorating and baking all of your yummy treats for the holidays! Sure wish I lived closer--I know you're a great cook! Anyway, that was quite the tangent. Sorry! Enjoy having Jon as your helper!
Man...that sounds like a lot of medical craziness. I am surprised you can spell it all! You must be a teacher! LOL... I am glad to hear you are recovering well!
Oh my gosh girl, you are going to have to start asking for a seperate sheet of paper everytime you go to the doctor. You did need to have that done though, how is it feeling now? Hopefully better. Love all of your Christmas decor, I am ready to get ours out too. Hope you wil be feeling great for the holidays.
hope you're feeling better! it's not like you need your right hand or anything with those 3 boys! :)
Geez - all that and you're still one of the happiest people I know. I'm glad the surgery went well - here's to a quick recovery!
You should have a show on TLC... to show just how many body parts a human can live without!! You really are my hero, and seriously crazy!
I had no idea it was so bad! (I get the #1 family award!) Anyway, hope things get better soon! But, then again, you should have Jon play Mr. Mom a little more often (eg cleaning bathrooms and such...) Love ya!
Oh Sarah, Sarah... what are we going to do with you? You better heal by next month! I want you at your best when we're there. Just kidding. I hope do feel better soon though, surgery is no fun!
Your hand really looks like you are ready to box someone! I'm glad the surgery went well and hope recovery is really fast.
She, if you wanted a day off "Mom Duty," there are easier ways to get it! Just kidding. Sorry about your hand. Hope it heals soon!
Hey! I have to have the same surgery next month... I'm gonna call you!
what a nightmare! i am so sorry. hope that your hand heals FAST and that you finally won't have to deal with the pain and annoyance anymore.
and seriously? you even look beautiful on the operating table.
and i LOVE the christmas decorations!
Post a Comment