We went to Delta this year for Thanksgiving to spend time with Jon's family. Nathan has been calling "New Grandma" every night for the last few weeks and was so excited to go to her house. (I'm not sure why Nathan started calling her "New Grandma," but my mom is wondering if that makes her "Old Grandma!") We hit quite a bit of traffic on our way up, but we finally made it to Delta Thursday afternoon in time for dinner.
The dinner was delicious and the best part was that I didn't have to make anything for it! Thanks to the Drapers for letting us just show up and eat.
There was a small casualty after dinner. Jake and Nate went in the other room to play and knocked one of the pumpkin pies onto the floor. I felt really bad, but was secretly relieved that it wasn't one of their nice decorations broken on the floor!
Somehow it has become a tradition for Jon and I to take a picture together at the table during Thanksgiving dinner so here's this year's picture!
The next day Jon's sisters, Annie and Heidi and I headed up to Provo to do some after Thanksgiving sale shopping. It was so much fun and we found some good deals.
Meanwhile Jon and the boys stayed back in Delta. Jon's mom had been saving bags of leaves ever since we told her we were coming. I think she had more than 25 bags of leaves! The time finally came for the boys to dump them out and jump in them and they were so excited.
I told Jon to make sure that he took lots of pictures and apparently he took his job very seriously because he ended up taking around 250! These are just a few of my favorites.
Where's Nathan?!!!
Max wanted in on the action!
Kathryn and Marc helped with the kids while I was gone. Sorry you didn't get your paper done, Kathryn, but I'm sure that quality time with your nephews was much more important!
Jake and Nathan liked playing on Jon's dad's truck that is affectionately known to the family as "Elmer!"
The next day we went down to the Delta city center and walked around the Festival of Trees. There were some really cute trees and some not so cute ones, but overall I was very impressed and hope that some day my tree will be half as cute as any of those trees!
The boys thought it was fun to walk around and see all of the trees and gingerbread houses. Jon's mom made one of the houses and it turned out so cute. Hers is the one covered in chocolate- now that's my kind of gingerbread house!
Another failed attempt at a family picture where everyone is looking and smiling. I am bound and determined that we will get one eventually if we just keep trying!
We then went back to the house and just hung out and relaxed. It's always so nice when we are around Jon's family because they are so helpful with the kids. I actually was able to take a nap one day and sleep in another day- both very rare things for me!
I love this kid's cheeks and his smile. Even with an ear infection he was still a happy kid most of the trip.
That night we walked down to Main Street to watch the annual Delta City Light Parade. The boys loved seeing all of the lights and had fun just being outside and running around.
After the parade we headed back to the city center and waited in line for over an hour so the boys could sit on Santa's lap. Unfortunately, by the time it was our turn both Jake and Max were asleep so Nathan was the ony one who sat on his lap. He told Santa that he wants alphabet letters for Christmas. Should be easy enough!
We packed up and left early this morning to drive back home to California. We apparently didn't leave early enough since we still hit horrible traffic. It took us 12 hours to make a 9 hour drive. Thankfully the boys did really well, but I was a different story! I hate sitting in traffic.
Overall it was a really fun, relaxing weekend. It was so good to see Jon's family and to get to spend some time with them. Now I am so excited for Christmas and all of the fun festivities that come along with it. Stay tuned...
12 comments:
I can't believe you were so close! Next time we have to set up a random gas station meeting! :) Looks like a busy weekend. Glad it went well! ;) Your boys are so cute!
Look like tons o' fun. Glad you are back!!
It looks like you had a great trip. I love that his mom kept all the leaves for your boys. That is so sweet. Great pictures too. Your boys have the most beautiful little faces. And I liked your family pics too! Christmas card anyone??
What a great little trip! So glad you got to relax and enjoy Thanksgiving and spend time with Jon's family. Looks like the boys all had a great time. They look cute in the pictures. I think the family ones are cute too. It's just so hard to get all those eyes in the same direction anymore. We've been trying for months too! :)
so zac wants to go to the poinsetta bowl since he thinks byu will be playing in it. you guys down? we can't wait for christmas either, it will be here before we know it!!
Happy Thanksgiving! We really missed being there with everyone, but thanks to your great blog, it almost felt like we were there. Almost!
Glad to hear you had a Happy Thanksgiving! LOVE the pictures. You look cuter and cuter every year! Love the hair ;).
Max grows exponentially every time you post. Can't wait to see him again!
Those are all really cute pictures. Jon did a good job with the leaf pictures, Derek struggles with taking pictures sometimes. Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm excited to see y'all in exactly 2 weeks. Time flies!!!
Looks like you guys had a great time! I love the pictures of the leaves, more importantly, I love that Jon's mom was saving them for your boys. What an amwesome Grandma! Your family pictures are great, it'a amazing how adding one more child makes all of the kids uncooperative for pictures! I have noticed that with 3 kids, we can never get a picture where everyone is looking. You'll notice on our Christmas card!
Sorry about the traffic. We went to St. George and we found a great new drive which keeps us away from Vegas and the dam, we ahd no traffic and it was a great drive!
Happy Thanksgiving!! Looks like a fun weekend. I love the leave pictures, his family is so awesome to your cute kids. Wish we could hang out this Christmas season, lets chat soon.
That looks like so much fun. I love the pictures of the boys in the leaves! And you look amazing, you show off!
The pie incident is something that would happen around here. Can you imagine how it's going to be with FOUR boys? Me either. Wow.
Super cute pics. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment