Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!

I've been in sort of a funk lately and decided today that decorating for Christmas was just the thing I needed to get me out of it. Jon brought all of the boxes in and put the tree up while I worked on the garland and nativities. Jake and Nathan wanted to help as well so they took it upon themselves to go through the boxes and put some of the decorations up. I think they have a real knack for it!

If you look closely you will see their Nativity blocks and a few pinecones in between each banister- now why didn't I think of that!


Here's the view from the back. Notice the decorations carefully placed at the top of the stairs. And you can't really see it, but there are pinecones lined up behind the blinds!


Nathan was proud of this little display of the nutcrackers.

What? You haven't heard of the version of the Nativity story where the tiger came to visit the baby Jesus?!!! This was compliments of Jake.


And last but not least they decided to decorate the tree. What do you think? Should I leave it like this? We are in a recession, I could just say that I couldn't afford to decorate the rest of it!

Pretty funny boys!

13 comments:

Megan said...

Cute. We have a penguin in our nativity ;-)

Cortney said...

I love it!! It's all so cute.

Jules said...

Wow, you are early... we'll be lucky if we get it up by Christmas Eve... :) So cute!

Christy said...

You're insane. It's 95 degrees outside. I can't even think about Christmas.

Emily said...

We loved how your boys decorated. My favorite was the nativity blocks in the banister. One year when I was decorating for Christmas the kids took the garlands, wrapped them around their waists (so they hung behind them like tails) and ran around the house saying they were ring-tailed lemurs. I never look at those garlands in quite the same way now.

Heather said...

Why in a funk?

Love your spirit. You crack me up.

Wendy said...

I love that you've already decorated for Christmas. I'm with Chirsty though, it's still way too hot here in Texas to feel like Christmas.

Becky said...

this post puts a smile on my face, however, i was a little offended at the new addition to the nativity scene-a tiger. come on now. j/k. i like that they wanted to help decorate. i can't wait to see it in person. when are oyu putting your lights up? i love lights. all these lights, jazz me up! people are saying you are ealry with christmas, wrong, thay are late. never change your love for the best holiday ever.

Bethany said...

So fun! I decorated this time last year, but I have a baby shower here Thursday night so I'm waiting at least till that's done. I love the garland on the banister. So cute! Do you still have that extra tree for us? (the one we were supposed to pick up last year? - sorry!!)

Heidi said...

I used to be a Christmas decorating nazi and couldn't stand to start until after Thanksgiving (at least) but I think my mission changed me a little since the Philippines start celebrating in September (Yes, it's a season of "Ber.") I really do love Christmas coming so early! Maybe I'll convince Annie to let us cheer up our apartment! So cute with the boys! :)

Molly said...

I am dying I am laughing so hard right now! I love the decorations between the banisters and for a split second, I saw the Tiger and it seemed to fit in with the nativity. It was really placed in there so nicely! It makes me sad that we won't be doing much decorating this year. Mostly because our Christmas stuff is stored at the VERY back of our storage because we thought we'd be in a new house by now! Unfortunately, ours won't be closing until Christmas Eve. I guess that will make for a nice present though!

April said...

you're always the one I think of when I listen to christmas music early. funny, but i know you start after halloween and this year i started a little early too. glad you feel better, now i have to have tyler get my boxes down!

Tamara said...

Ah Seh. That makes me miss being your roommate. I think we had to talk you out of decorating until Halloween was over. You're hilarious.