Sunday, January 18, 2009

Warnick Idol

In celebration of American Idol starting a new season every year we have our own Warnick Idol party! This was the 4th year we have done it and I must say that Jon and I are getting better and better every year (of course, this isn't saying much)! Here's a recap of the evening...

Nathan and the girls started the night off with a song from Dora.

Jake decided he wanted in on the action and they all busted out their best dance moves!

Jake and Nathan then performed the Alphabet Song and Itsy Bitsy Spider.

Carli did a great job singing a song from High School Musical 3.

Christy's daughters, Samantha and Hadley, did a duet number with choreographed dance moves.

They were followed by a duet from Holly's daughters, Cortney and Brynn, who sang a song from Mulan.

Wendy was feeling a little under the weather so her husband, Derek, performed by himself- what a trooper!

Becky and Zac rocked out to "Jesse's Girl".

Rob and Bethany sang a song about Obama that Rob made up- again!

Christy and Adam sang "Chick Magnet" while holding Will and having their 5 daughters act like crazed fans trying to get their hands on their favorite star!

Holly and Brodie sang "The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow" from the movie Annie. It was pretty hilarious!

And finally Jon and I sang John Michael Montgomery's "Auction" song. We didn't have any time to practice so I thought this would be an easy song since we always sing it on road trips and we know all of the words. Right at the last second Jon came up with the idea of trading places and having me be the man and him being the "lady in the long black dress with the ruby red lips, blonde hair, blue eyes..." Jon totally hammed it up and it was hilarious!

I'm proud to say that we tied with Holly and Brodie for 1st place and went home with $20! Way to go Jon for pulling through for us! You make one hot woman! Actually, some of the little girls were saying that they were going to have nightmares that night after seeing Jon in that outfit!!!
Here's to a great season of American Idol!

12 comments:

Cortney said...

shocking... really.

Kristen said...

That looks like a lot of fun! So creative...we would never never get the guys in my family to participate!

josieposie said...

that was jon's idea... wow. what a guy wouldn't do for $20, imagine what he would do for $100.

Annie and Heidi said...

Wow, Jon. Wow. L) Actually, I am kind of impressed! Way to go to both of you on winning first! You guys get to do some way fun things with family so close! We love to hear about them all!

Bethany said...

$20?? You got ripped off! you should've taken home the $50!!

Megan said...

What a fun family!

Heather said...

Wow. wow. wow. Jon is out of control. That is hilarious. All the 30 somethings in the Warnick household are STILL playing dress-up and singing karaoke. I LOVE IT! Looks like way too much fun! Would love to know Rob's Obama song lyrics....uh, on second thought...

Becky said...

great pics sarah. way better than all of mine turned out.

Carly and Tyler said...

That's such a fun tradition. Don't think I could get Tyler to do that...you never know what he'd do for $20 :) Hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog!

Tamara said...

I'm such an idiot! I totally meant to call you while we were in Cali. You Warnicks...I miss you guys. It's so funny to see everyone!

We need to call Cat and all get together!

cat said...

i SO agree. when is the rendevous? someone needs to head it up or we won't ever do it. sarah...tammy c'mon ladies!
sarah - you guys are so blasted fun. i am LOVING jon in that dress. pretty dang sexy.

Molly said...

You guys have the funnest family, I think this is the best tradition! I love that Jon dressed up like the girl, priceless!