Sunday, February 22, 2009

Valentine's Party 2009

We had our annual Valentine's party last night and it was so much fun! We decided to do it a week after Valentine's Day since a lot of our friends were out of town last weekend. The nice thing was that all of the Valentine's stuff was on sale this week- we may do it after Valentine's Day every year from now on! Everyone helped bring food and it was all really good. I did all of the desserts since I love baking and I don't love cooking! The dessert table was complete with red, pink and white heart shaped dipped pretzel sticks, peanut butter cup cookies with heart shaped Reese's in the middle, heart shaped caramel brownies, pink heart shaped Rice Krispy Treats and black bottom cupcakes with pink frosting.

We had to move our kitchen table out to fit everyone in, but I think it turned out okay. We played a love songs game where everyone had to guess the title and artist of different love songs. We then played the Not So Newlywed Game and it was hilarious! Hopefully no one went home mad at their spouse after the game! Some of the answers were pretty funny!

The guests of the evening included:

Robyn and Dave (Party Dave was in full force last night!)

Matt and Erin

Josie and Eric

Sunny and Clay

Adam and Meagan

Josh and Rachel

Stacy and Tonya

Steven and Cortney

Bobby and Fawn

Claudia and Matt

Sebrina and Scott

For some reason I didn't get a picture of Jamie and her husband, but here she is on the right with the other pregnant mammas who were there!

Thanks everyone for bringing delicious food and for making the party so fun! Mark your calendars for next year!!!

15 comments:

Tonya said...

So much fun! Thanks for hosting a good time. I felt so bad not helping you clean up afterward, but I was starting to feel gross. Sorry! Can't wait for next year...

Robyn said...

Best party ever! Great food, good company, love that game and all the laughs that went with it!! Thanks for doing this! Party Dave really liked it too!

Heather said...

My mother in law would love you. She's always trying to get me to bake. Just. can't. do. it. Your desserts look amazing!

Looks like your Valentine party was much fun! I'm aware of your disclose-embarrassing-facts-about-your-spouse games. Trouble! ha ha

Meggan said...

OH, I wish we could have made it. Joses had a change in travel plans and wasn't leaving until today, but I felt bad changing my rsvp. Glad you had fun! You are crazy talented at making desserts.

Melanie said...

Looks like lots of fun! Glad you guys had a good time.

By the way, most of those games I got on Amazon.com. You can find the ThinkFun games at Target and Toys R Us too though. Hullabaloo too. If I do it on the internet, I just make sure I order the games from amazon themselves (not a third party seller) and get something else I need to total $25 for free shipping. :) Hope that helps!

Nat Lud said...

Sniff, sniff. I'm so sad I don't live closer! You are always throwing fun parties! I could definitely take some notes . . .

Cortney said...

I can personally say that ALL the desserts were delicious since I had all of them, some even twice... gross I know! They were all delicious! We had a good time.

Tamara said...

Could you be ANY cuter? You guys are such fun. I am going to fly in town one of these times just to crash one of your mad parties. :)

josieposie said...

What an honor to experience my first VDay Draper party! It was loads of fun with great food - who's gonna be the next host???

Becky said...

what a blast. your party sounds like it all went so well. your dessert table is out of control oh my gosh. it all looks so good. i might have to fly down there next year just to be a part of the celebration. your friends are all so pretty and look like a lot of fun.

Andrea said...

I am also sniff sniffing.... I long for a Draper party and desserts. It looks like it turned out great and the games sound really fun. Good work!!

Sunny said...

Such a fun party - thanks for hosting! We had a great time. And thanks for all the desserts - you still amaze me!!!

Missy said...

Could you get any cuter Sarah? I love your haircut + the pink top.

Jill said...

Hey Sarah. I am a friend of Jon's from High School. I just wanted to write you a quick note to tell you that I think you are amazing! Look at that dessert table! :) (hmmm...want to fly to Utah and set one up for my daughters baptism?) lol You always are doing fun and creative things...it makes me think twice before opening some Little Debbies and serving them on a paper plate.lol

I also wanted to tell you something cute I remember your hubby telling me. I am not sure why I remember this, but when he told me that he was engaged he said something like, "I remember looking up at her and thinking she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen" I thought that was pretty sweet, and I would want to know if my husband said something like that about me. :-) Have a great day and keep doing cute things will your cute family. :-)

cat said...

man, you freakin' rock!
the desserts look amazing. i SO wish that i lived next to you.
AND you look gorgeous, i am lovin' your shirt.