After a week of working on our new swing set it is finally done! This thing was a beast to put together.
Here is how it started- it took us about two hours just to label all of the wood and hardware.
Jon's dad was there the first day to help. This is pretty much as far as they got the first day. The base structure was the hardest because you had to make sure it was perfect or everything else wouldn't line up.
The middle of day two we had the swings up. The boys were so excited- the swings are still their favorite part. Unfortunately neither of them can pump on their own yet so I have to constantly be out there pushing them!
By the end of day 2 we didn't want to quit working when the sun went down so we brought out a light and continued to work for a few hours. We finished the picnic table, slide, ladder and the floors of the two platforms.
The rest of the week we only had an hour or so when Jon got home from work so we weren't able to make as much progress. Day 3 we got the rock wall up and some of the side rails.
The end of day 4 we got the rest of the side rails done and one of the roofs finished.
We took a brake on day 5 and Jon and I went out!
Saturday we finished the other roof, filled the sandbox with sand and staked the whole thing down. Jon did such a great job putting it together and the kids absolutely love it!
Tell me this smile doesn't make it all worth it!!!
17 comments:
I love it! Is this the Costco one? We are researching swingsets because Andy wants to make sure it lasts! Your boys will be pumping in no time at all sicne they'll be on everyday, how fun! If it's not from Costco, where did you get it?
Luckiest boys in the world! I want to be a kid again! How fun does that monster play set look? Way to go Jon. You rock. So nice to have a handy hubby.
Wow!! What a great swingset. I am so jealous over here:) That's a BIG job - but what fun for your boys.
WOW-
THat looks like sooo much fun taht I want to go play on it. This definitely deserves mom and dad of the year!!! Can you believe our babies will be 1 on Thursday-AAAHHHH
Very impressive!!
Is that a Costco one? We are on 'the market' for one! You guys did awesome and that last pic is so awesome! He is adorable.
I'm so jealous, but looking at those pictures I'm not sure we'll be getting one any time soon... what a nightmare to put together! Good job Jon!!!
Wendy
Yeah, I'm tired just looking at it be put together, so nice job! That picture of Max is SO CUTE! Seriously, I need to come see you guys. He is so big! (I mean that growing up, not necessarily chubby...) :)
ok, so don't tell my mom, but that swingset is way cooler than the one we had. Although ours did have a pretty sweet teeter-totter. I can't wait until we are done with school and settled down and can have a cool backyard for Dani to play in.
It looks awesome!! I can't believe you guys did all that. You are such hard workers. Jon (and you!) did a great job. Thank you for buying that. The Joy School kids will LOVE it!!
Awesome swing set!
I just LOVE Max's smile - so cute!
It looks perfect. Good work!! I am sure the boys will enjoy it everyday, which makes it totally worth it. I love Max's smile.
Your backyard is a boys best friend!
I've heard those sets are a beast to put together. And it really does look like it, but how perfect does it all look?? I love Max's smile too. He is the cutest. Really.
It is the Rainbow swingset from Costco. I did a lot of research and this is by far the best swingset for the best price. Gotta love Costco!
Fun. Your back yard is like a private park!
We just put together our swing set on Thursday!! Ours was a little more simple, so Steve and two buddies were able to get it up in 1 day. But, it took me 3 1/2 hours on Wed to sort and label the wood and another 3 hours on Wed night to organize all the hardware into ziplock bags acording to step number. Our swing set had 37 steps, but we only had 2 boxes. Looks like you had about 4-5 boxes of just wood!! My kids have been outside ever since...I sure your boys have been too!
Post a Comment