
I must admit that I'm kind of glad that Easter is over! Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun, but a little more stressful than usual this year. I had to speak in Sacrament Meeting which always makes me so nervous. I spoke on the Resurrection and when all is said and done, it really did help me feel the spirit and remember why we celebrate Easter. I then taught Young Womens which wasn't a big deal, but just one more thing to have to prepare for. Then after church we had my whole family over for Easter dinner. Thankfully everyone helped bring food so all I had to do was the ham and the dessert. It was a little tight having 30 people in our house, but luckily it was such a nice day that the kids played outside most of the time. When Jon and I finally got everything cleaned up and sat down at about 9:00 last night, we were both exhausted!

Nathan had an Easter party at Preschool before Spring Break and he came home wearing these cute bunny ears! For some reason he wouldn't let me take a picture unless he had something on his head- funny kid!

During Spring Break we went to the beach, went bowling, ate at Islands (love it!), watched the horse show down in San Juan Capistrano and played with cousins. Here are the boys decorating Easter sugar cookies with some of their cousins!

We dyed Easter eggs Saturday night. Jake and Nathan had a lot of fun this year writing on their eggs and picking what colors they wanted to use.

Jake was a little better this year at not 'throwing' the eggs in the cups. We had a lot less broken eggs this time around!

Max pretty much just watched from a few feet back since he kept trying to grab the table cloth and pull it off. I really didn't want 8 cups of egg dye spilling all over the floor- sorry, Max!

So proud of their finished eggs!

Easter morning the boys came down and were more than excited to see that the Easter Bunny had left them baskets full of candy and had hidden eggs all over the house for them to find.

Max wanted nothing to do with his bunny ears. Maybe he didn't like that they were pink in the middle!

Nathan was even more excited when he discovered that there was candy in all of the eggs he was finding- the Easter Bunny rocks!

One of these days we'll actually get ready in enough time BEFORE church and take our pictures. Max was so tired after church that he wanted nothing to do with pictures.

Our colors were a little bright this year, but I think it turned out okay. I always love Jake in any shade of blue!

Nathan was handsome in green and of course with his hands in his pockets!

Max just wanted to go to sleep.

Here are all of the kids waiting to go out for the big Easter egg hunt.

Every kid was supposed to find 12 eggs which means we had about 200 eggs hidden in our backyard!

Max was happy with just one egg, which meant that Jake and Nate could get even more- just what they need- more candy!
I hope that everyone had a very
Happy Easter!
17 comments:
Happy Easter!
You and your boys look so nice--as usual. I really like the spring ensemble. It looks like it was a fun day. I'm always amazed by all that you do, and do so well.
Sounds like your family had a fun (and busy!) Easter. Your talk and lesson were wonderful...now you can breath easy for a couple of days? :) Your family is so cute...I love the colors!
I love the colors. You have such a beautiful family. Jon's tie really "tied" (hee hee) it all together. Your talk was excellent. You are a really good speaker and you made me cry.
I can't believe all those cousins on the stairs! They are all getting so big! What a fun day. Your backyard is awesome. Trent talks about "Nathan with the swingset" all the time. What a fun day!
I am a BIG fan of the bright colors! You all looked so cute! Jake and Nathan are such handsome little guys. Always so many fun things going on at your house!
Great talk. Cute boys. Looks like fun!
Thanks for having us for Easter! Everything was delicious. Sorry for all the work you and Jon had to do but you do have the best backyard in the family!!
And your Easter outfits looked great! Love the bright colors!
What fun, Sarah! Poor baby Max having to stand still for these pictures, but what a smile he has! Happy Easter :)
Super cute pictures! You were sure a busy girl. I'm sure everything went fabulous.
As always I love the outfits... you inspire me! Looks like you had a busy but great Easter! Happy Belated Easter to you too!
It seems like your Easter sure was fun. I really liked how Max only needed one egg, that was funny, and I liked all the jokes. Your blog sure is cool. And thanks for doing Flat Stanley for us. We really liked the pictures that you sent.
--Joseph
Wow! I bet you were exhausted. I'm tired just thinking about all the work it would take to feed your whole family.
You guys looked so cute in your bright colors!
Looks like fun. I enjoyed your talk. Thanks for your sacrifice in time and energy.
You guys all look so great and I love your new background!
Seriously LOVE that blue skirt! Where did you get it?
i love the way you have everybody match for each holiday-seriously impressive!
Wow! Looks like you were a busy momma this Easter! Love the outfits. You have such a great yard for an egg hunt! The new photo at the top of the blog is super cute. Please become more svelte and cute looking. Seriously Sarah. I'm feeling majorly frumpy just looking at you...
Clearly great minds think a like!! You all look so cute. Love your outfit. Good work speaking in church I bet you did an fabulous job. Hopefully you are taking it easy this week after your busy day. Love the new blog look too, mine needs some help. Any more thoughts about getting away to somewhere tropical? Let me know.
Post a Comment