Last weekend was our ward's Father and Sons campout. Jake and Nathan were so excited to go camping and especially with just the boys. I mean, what's not to like about camping- dirt? good. tent? good. marshmallows? real good. (This all has to be said with a Nacho Libre accent!) Needless to say the boys had a great time!
They got to the campsite and set up the tent. The boys loved just playing in the tent for a while...
Then they played with their flashlights for a while...
Then they sat by the fire and roasted marshmallows for a while...
Then they ran around and played until it was time for bed.
The next morning they climbed on the rocks and trees, had breakfast and the traditional egg toss with the left over eggs, packed everything up and headed home.
I love the cheesy grin and the dirt on his glasses!
As for me, I stayed home with Max and enjoyed a quiet evening almost to myself. I can't wait until next year when Jon takes all three kids- one of the perks of having all boys!!!
Saturday we went down to San Diego with my parents for my friend, Yasser's wedding. Yasser joined the church right before we graduated high school- 13 years ago yesterday. He took the missionary discussions in our home which was such a neat experience. It was so cool to be in the temple all of these years later and watch him and Emily get sealed together for eternity. We wish them all the happiness that they both deserve!
My dad made the comment that Jon and I looked like we were going to a funeral, not a wedding! Come on, black and white is appropriate for any occassion, right?! I love the San Diego temple and I was glad that we were able to go down there.
I have so much more to blog about- I am way behind right now so stay tuned...
7 comments:
Black and white is SO in! Love it. I can't wait until Jeremy takes Bubba to fathers and sons. We were out of town this year but hopefully next year! I'll just have to find somewhere to ship my girls too!
Father and daughters is sounding kind of nice right now, does that exist? Good job to Jon for taking all of the photos. Black and white is always appropriate. You look very cute, I would expect nothing less at this event, very very cute!!
I see no problem with black and white. After all the bride and groom are wearing black a white.
Ok, I have to know the secret to your supermodel pose. You always look so good!
Shut up! Yasser got married? Good for him. That's so great.
Ah, Yasser! I heard so many stories from Joe about him. It's good to know he is happy and was sealed to a beautiful women in a beautiful temple :)
And you look gorgeous, as usual. Black and white is very good, never out of fashion.
As for the boys... Looks like a bunch of fun! And I like the little signature on every picture ;)
Glad to read you're doing well.
Has it seriously been 13 years? Doesn't seem like that long ago we were discussing your situation with Yasser. ;)
Post a Comment