Jon and I decided that we could use a break from everything, so we took the kids to my mom's and went to San Diego for the weekend. Except for the cold, overcast weather, it was such a fun trip. The perfect getaway.
This picture was taken from inside our hotel room. We literally stayed right on Mission Bay. Friday night we ate at this really nice restaurant on the beach called JRDN. The atmosphere was awesome and the food was delicious. We then walked down the boardwalk, got some frozen yogurt and went back to our room and ate it outside on the patio. We then just laid out there for a while just relaxing and watching all of the people go by.
This is the view from inside the hotel grounds. It was like a mini tropical paradise!
I remember staying at this hotel a couple times with my family when I was growing up. I was worried that it was going to be old and run down now, but was pleasantly surprised.
Saturday morning we slept in until 9:30 and then woke up and ordered room service and ate breakfast in bed. We then went swimming in the heated pool and sat in the jacuzzi while it was sprinkling rain! We rented these beach cruiser bikes and rode around Mission Bay. We made it about an hour until our thighs were burning so bad that we turned them back in!
We decided to walk down the boardwalk (instead of riding the bikes like we were going to do!) and ate lunch at this beat up old Mexican food shack. It was pretty good, not great. Afterwards we went back to the hotel and sat out on the beach in our sweatshirts and read while we sipped hot chocolate! Not exactly what I had planned, but still fun!
Later that evening we drove to downtown San Diego and walked around the shops and restaurants. We stopped in the Brookstone store in a big 4 story outdoor shopping mall called Horton Plaza. We sat in the massage chairs for a while until Jon bought himself an early Father's Day gift. He got the massage pad that you put on your chair and it massages up and down your back. It feels so good. He claims that he is going to leave it at work, but I'm hoping that he'll bring it home every now and then!
We then went to dinner at this Brazilian restaurant where they bring the different meats around until you tell them to stop. It wasn't as good as the ones in Salt Lake, but it was okay. The killer was when we got the bill and realized that it was $48 per person for the meal, not including drinks and dessert. What? We were dying. There was no menu and I guess we just assumed it would be about the same price as the Utah ones. We were wrong. It took us a while to get over how much we just paid for one meal, but we learned our lesson to ALWAYS check the price before eating at a restaurant!
Overall it was such a fun, relaxing trip. It was just what I needed with how stressful life has been lately. The best part was when we got home and Jon had paid for a housecleaner to come while we were gone. The whole house is clean! I really did marry the best guy ever.

18 comments:
Whoa... super fun!! Glad you got a weekend away together!
You ran and got energy out and then you relaxed with your hubby. It's good to know you're taking care of yourself, too :)
So sad the weather wasn't what you wanted, but it's still good to get away. I love that you actually get pictures together. I am never in any cause I am always taking them. How many random people had to take all these pictures for you??
Oh, I'm so happy for you. That sounds like a great weekend! What a good idea - leave life for a couple days to reconnect. :)
And how nice to have the house clean when you came home! Go Jon!
That just sounds fabulous! And that hubby of yours is one thoughtful fella. Glad you guys got a break! I love San Diego!
WOW!!!
What a fun filled weekend! You needed that. You look hot in all those pictures, especially the green shirt-love it! What Brazilian restaurant was it? I love those places. We've tried one a few times down here but nothing is as good as Tucanos in Provo, right? Glad you had a good weekend and got to relax and spend some quality time together.
sounds like a super fun and needed break! Glad you got away! Love ya!
You really do have a good hubby. Sounds like a fun weekend and much needed too. You look so cute in all the pictures. It was great catching up with you today. Let's get some fun stuff planned!
How nice that you guys got to go away. And how nice of your mom to watch the boys for you! So lucky to have your mom so close! I'll have to get more details from you about the hotel. Rob wants to go there next month. (he has fond memories too!)
How fun! I'm with Josie - I can't believe you are able to get so many pictures together. It's awesome! What a fun getaway for just the two of you:)
So fun, you guys look so great together. I love that green shirt, it looks so cute on you.
Sarah, love the green shirt and that long navy dress. Where are you shopping? Super cute.
Glad you had a nice time in SD with Jon. You two deserve a little R&R!
It was fun to hang out and catch up on Sunday. Thanks again for dinner - it was soooo good! Don't forget to send me that crock pot recipe! Brian missed out.
I have totally eaten at that Brazillian restaurant and thought the exact same thing! I should have warned you.
Good thing San Diego is so pretty so we can forgive it that slight indiscretion. Glad you had a good time.
We stayed at that same place as a family. It is gorgeous. I am so glad you got to get away and relax. The pictures are great!!!!!
Wow, that looked like a lot of fun. You look so cute in all those pictures Sarah. Good move Jon with the housecleaners. That's awesome. I'm happy you guys had fun, you deserve it!!!
This sounds SO nice Sarah! Oh my goodness, that dress you have on in the brookstone store is the cutest too (where did you get it??).
This made me miss living in San Diego though. I love Mission Bay and shopping at Horton Plaza and being close to a legit "downtown" city.
Enough about me though, you guys are just the cutest. So glad you got a break and enjoyed time alone! I never commented on your last post, but just had to say that I think you really are an exceptional mom...and knew you always would be growing up always at your house.
Good for you!
Post a Comment