Saturday, September 5, 2009

He's excited. Very excited.

Jon loves college football. He has been counting down the days until the season started for a while now. Thursday was opening day so the boys and I suprised him by having a "Happy Football Day" party when he got home from work.

I made homemade BBQ chicken pizzas in the shapes of footballs (or at least I tried)!

I couldn't talk Nathan out of the party hats at the store- he was pretty excited about the party and said that we need to have hats!

The boys had fun waving their football clappers while they ate.

After dinner we played Pin the Football on the Field!

Jake got really excited no matter where his football sticker ended up on the field!

Max wanted in on the fun.

We then played Pass the Football, aka Hot Potato. We then put the kids to bed and then actually got to watch some of the games.

Today was BYU's opening game and let's be honest, this is really what Jon has been counting down for. It was such a great game- BYU beat #3 Oklahoma! After the game, Jon was so bummed that he didn't fly out to Texas for it. He is now talking about going to more games this season. We are already planning on going to 5 games, but apparently this isn't enough!

Go Cougars! We hope you have a great season!!!

13 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Wasn't that game last night amazing! Jeremy kept sending me pics of the stadium and it looked awesome. That's great you guys are hitting lots of games--maybe we'll see ya! Love the cute football day. You are so creative and such a cute wife!

Cortney said...

This makes me laugh! It looks like a lot of fun!

Annie and Heidi said...

It makes us laugh too! What a great wife! and mom! Super fun activities. The games and food looked AMAZING! It's fun to see all the great things you do! Sure do love you all! :)

Nuestra Familia said...

Great ideas for the kiddos, we usually put in a movie in the other room and watch the game on the other. We are very happy for Jon, you are a great wife 5 games is a lot. :)

Robyn said...

Whoa hot mama. Who is that blonde bombshell with the curls playing ball with those boys? Did a model stop by your house on football night? Love your hair curly!

Looks like a fun night. You go all out for special days like this! I bet Jon appreciated it!

Jules said...

He should be VERY excited!!!BYU rocks! We were there and it was amazing... so much fun! Makes us want to go to more games and that was our one and only! But what a good one to be! Enjoy the rest!

Andrea said...

What a fun idea. You are a such a good mom and wife. I might have to copy you for next year, Ryan actually gets more excited about the start of College Football than he does Christmas. A good job to your Cougars. I am also glad Boise State could kick off the season with a bang :)

Heather said...

Go Bruins! Actually, we don't watch college football and I have no idea how the Bruins have done in football since I attended. Super cool that Jon gets so excited for his alma mater! Love how you hosted a party for your own family to kick off the season. Jon looks so happy ;).

Johanna said...

You are so good, Sarah! When football season starts, I usually hide somewhere with books and nag quite a bit about Joe's THREE fantasy football leagues! You're a trooper :)

LA VIDA said...

What a great family party idea!!! I am still on a BYU high. I hope we do well the rest of the way! Go Cougs!

Annette said...

Way fun...you are such a cute wife. Go BYU!!!

Jen said...

You almost have a whole team there, yourself. I love how you go all out for the beginning of Football season.

Heidi said...

That picture of Jake playing hot potato is so cute! And, I am still eagerly awaiting pics of your newly remodeled room... :) Love ya!