Last weekend we drove to Lake Mead for one last waterski trip before school starts. The water was perfect both days we were there which made for a lot of good ski runs.
Carli has always been afraid to even swim in the water, let alone ski, but for some reason she was determined that she was going to ski this year (I think she was excited that Becky was there and wanted to impress her)! So Becky and my dad stayed in the water with her while she made two attempts at skiing.
Unfortunately this was the closest she got to getting up (if you look closely you can see her under the water still holding on to the rope)! I really think she thought she had skiied because the rest of the day she sat on the boat telling everyone how to get up and that they just need to relax and hold on! She's a funny girl!
I got four ski runs in and each one was so much fun. I seriously love waterskiing- especially when the water is smooth!
Jon started skiing when he married into my family and he has grown to love it. He gets better every time we go and I think he is warming up to the idea of maybe owning a boat someday!
After the first day my parents went and bought "The Big Daddy" for Jon and others who may need a slightly bigger ski than the one that all of us girls ski on! It was much easier for Jon to get up and he had more control of the ski. He was even a good sport and posed with the ski after his run!
Nathan skiied two years ago and was excited to try again this year. He did such a good job! It took him a few tries to get up, but once he did he skiied all around the lake! Jon stayed in the water and helped him and then held up a flag so that boats could see him. I love how excited they both look in this picture!
It didn't take long for Nathan to look like an old pro!
Way to go, Nathan!!!
I asked Jon to put sunscreen on the part in my hair since it always gets sunburned and this is what he did to me- I think it's a good look!
Max and Will just chilled on the boat most of the time. They can't really move much in those life jackets!
Jon and the boys had fun riding in the front of the boat most of the time.
Max loves trying on Jon's hats, but we can't get him to wear his own hat!
The boys loved riding on the jet ski boat and doing 'donuts' and going really fast. Grandpa Bob is a crazy driver!
How is it that the Dayton's can get eight people to all look and smile...
...and we get this!
Oh well... Here's to next summer when we can go waterskiing again!
9 comments:
So fun! I have never water skiied but have always wanted to. It looks like you guys had a blast! Good for Carli for at least trying, that's awesome. Andy is determined to own a boat someday, I hope it happens. He grew up water skiing and boating so he really misses it. I thought you would ski on two skis, I didn't realize it was just one. Hmm, interesting.
So much fun. Way to go Draper's you guys are pros. So I was wondering if Carley has tried a bigger version of what Nathan was using? She is awesome and keeps trying. I love your family pictures, they are soooo great!
Ha ha, I like the last family picture of you guys, but that is pretty amazing that Christy's whole family is looking and smiling. That is such a cool ski that Nathan got up on! He looks so proud and excited! Nice shot shot of you spraying the water in the wake. Dave always has to use the bigger ski too. It's much more sturdy. Great pictures!
We are amazed! Nate is a pro! That is incredible!!! Your last comment and picture is hilarious! What a fun trip! You did get a lot of fun things in during the summer! SO GREAT!!!
I think your picture in the lake looks great, although you might want to work on Jon's eyes;) Other than that everyone is smiling. So jealous...wish I could've been there!
Wow--I cannot believe Nathan! What a pro!
So much fun!! I love waterskiing, we didn't get enough of it in this summer. I can't believe Nathan, what a little stud, my girls are so chicken I can barely get them to ride in the tube and a good job to Carli too. My dad has that big fat ski and he loves it. Maybe we will have to share a boat in a central location.... That is hilarious about the family pictures also!
your hair looks aweeome curled like that in the yellow shirt. cute idea for the football kickoff the season party. you win- you are a better wife than me. i've got nothing. lol when i read carli's ski story-and yes, she did do it to impress me i'm sure. lastly, your picture was prefaced perfectly by the dayton's and was hilarious. great blog seh-dog!
your hair looks aweeome curled like that in the yellow shirt. cute idea for the football kickoff the season party. you win- you are a better wife than me. i've got nothing. lol when i read carli's ski story-and yes, she did do it to impress me i'm sure. lastly, your picture was prefaced perfectly by the dayton's and was hilarious. great blog seh-dog!
Post a Comment