Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jon!

February 13th was Jon's 32nd Birthday! The kids were really excited this year to make it a fun celebration for him. We started the day with the traditional balloons being thrown on him in bed while singing Happy Birthday.

The boys then gave him his first gift of the day- a new football- since ours has been missing for some time and Jon keeps complaining about it! I think Max was the most excited!

Nathan made 5 cards that were all exactly the same. He thought it was so funny every time Jon opened another one and read that it said the same thing as the one before it. Jon got a good laugh out of it as well!

Before Jon woke up the kids and I went downstairs and decorated with signs, balloons and streamers. I think this was the funnest part for them. Jon gave them a good reaction when he walked down and saw it.

Nathan wrote 18 of these signs for Jon and taped them all over the sliding glass doors!

We made Jon breakfast in bed, but he decided that he wanted to eat with the rest of us so we all ate together downstairs.

Later that day Jon had to go in to work to see a patient. While he was gone my friend, Heather and her husband, Brian and son, Shea all came over to visit. Brian played with the kids while Heather and I talked and caught up on each other's lives. It was so good to see them and to let Shea and Max play together. We tried to get a picture of them, but even with Nathan's help this was the best we could get. At least Shea looks really cute!

When Jon got back we gave him his big present- a new barbecue! So for dinner he barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs and Nathan helped him sautee some shrimp on the side. It was all delicious!

Jon then opened the rest of his gifts which pretty much comprised of clothes- his favorite! He asked that his last birthday gift be that I don't make him try them on that night! He seriously hates shopping and trying on clothes.

When I asked Nathan a few weeks ago what he wanted to get Jon for his birthday, he thought hard and then told me that he wants to get him an alarm clock with big numbers like the one I have. I told him that Dad already has an alarm clock, but apparently Nathan didn't think it was big enough. So I finally convinced him to just give him my alarm clock and that we would share it. So Nathan wrapped it up and was pretty excited to give it to him! Jon was a little confused, but acted like he loved it!

The day ended with one of Jon's favorite cakes- cinnamon cake! The boys picked these candles out at Target, but I would not recommend them. They melted down before I could even get them all lit! At least they made for a good picture!

The next day we went to my parent's to celebrate all of the February birthdays. Carli did her birthday spotlight for Jon which is always a highlight for everyone! Overall I think it was a good birthday for Jon!

Here are the top 5 things I love about Jon:

5- He is a hard worker. I love that he works hard to provide for me and the kids. He also works hard to keep the house and the yard nice.

4- He is funny and random. He always says the most random things that make me laugh!

3- He is a great dad. The boys LOVE him. He is so good to always play with them whenever he is home even if he has had a long day at work.

2- He loves to go out and do things. I love that he likes to go out every weekend with me and that he loves to travel. He definitely lives life to its fullest.

1- He is good and nice. These seem like simple things, but they are the most important to me. Jon is just a good person. He puts my happiness before his own. I love how much he loves me.

Happy Birthday, Jon!

I LOVE YOU!!!

6 comments:

Annie and Heidi said...

Happy Birthday indeed! It looks like an AWESOME day! I love the cards Nathan made him! That is hilarious!

I can actually see Jon's excited face when he came down the stairs to see the decorations! I am looking forward to some good barbecued food on the new grill!

And Jonathan is the BEST brother a gal could have! I am really grateful for his friendship and example in my life! YOU ROCK JONATHAN! I love you! And being kind and random and funny are WONDERFUL gifts! THANKS!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday to our dentist too! He must be good because about a week ago Avery (3 years) said "I really want to go back to the dentist Mommy" :)

So sorry about the break in though! That is crazy! Glad it didn't cost THAT much, but still...scary.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Jon! Was good to see you, if only for a few minutes ;). Hope the business is back to normal after quite an unlucky ordeal.

It was fun hanging out Sarah! Let's do it again soon. Love the pictures.

Robyn said...

That break-in looks scary. I'm glad he wasn't there and nothing else got taken. I'm go glad he had a good birthday! He deserves it! That is so cute that Nathan made 18 of those cards, holy cow!! And you look so cute with your sexy zebra belt on Valentine's Day. Work it girl!!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Jon! What a great family you have. Nathan cracks me up. I want to come over for a bbq. It sounds like you had a really good day.

Nuestra Familia said...

Happy bday Jon, you deserve it! Sounds like an awesome bday for him and the kids, they are so cute. Nathan is a funny boy.