Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's celebration started in January when I bought these mailboxes in the dollar aisle at Target. The boys were excited to put our names and addresses (ages) on them. We have had a lot of fun over the past month putting little treats and notes in each other's boxes. Every time the kids see their flag up they get so excited to see what's inside. They have left a lot of 'surprises' for Jon and I as well including green beans, keys, phones and anything else they could find around the house! They have also left plenty of notes telling us how much they love us which is the best gift of all!

Jake and Nathan each came home from school with a bag full of Valentine's from their friends. Jake's school wouldn't let them bring any treats- just the cards- which I think is so lame. I know it's good to be healthy, but it's Valentine's Day and they are in Kindergarten- I think they'll be fine!

Jon and I went out on Friday to celebrate both Valentine's Day and his Birthday. We went to dinner and then to see Avatar in 3D. I'm surprised to say that I actually liked it- it was very entertaining!

Valentine's morning we had pink colored heart shaped pancakes for breakfast.

We then went to church and to my parent's house for dinner. After dinner Carli decided that she wanted all of the cousins to come up and sing a Valentine's song. No one knew what she was talking about, but they played along and all sang whatever they wanted while Carli sat happily playing her guitar! Notice Nathan covering his ears because it sounded so bad! It was hilarious!!!

Happy Valentine's Day to all of our family and friends!

We love you!!!

7 comments:

Johanna said...

You are one creative mom/wife! I love the little mail boxes idea. I'm officially stealing that one when I have kids :)

Marie said...

Love the heart shaped pancakes! I'm all about festive holiday food :) We went to see Avatar for Valentines day too! Was not expecting to like it as much as I did :)

Becky said...

very cute vday mail boxes. how clever are you really? looks like jon had a grand bday. forgot to comment on the post about his break in. crazy. glad not too much damage was done though. i need to come down there soon. love ya!

Kristen said...

Love the mailboxes! What a cute idea!

Andrea said...

I love the mailbox idea. I am going to look for those next year. You look cute for your date night. It sounds like you all had a very Happy Valentines Day.

Caitlin said...

Thanks for the comments! I love your blog, too! Grace and I are avid readers. Oh, and I ADORE the mailboxes...I kind of want one filled with candy right now. Or cookies. I could definitely go for some cookies right now.

Tamara said...

You are such fun with your holiday ideas! Honestly, I need to grow up to be like you someday. And send my little one over to you in the meantime so she'll have good holiday memories.