We arrived Thursday afternoon and besides going to dinner and to Target, we literally just talked until 1:00 in the morning!
Friday we slept in, ate the continental breakfast at the hotel and then headed to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to see the "Body Worlds" exhibit. It was really cool. Andrea and I spent 2 hours walking around looking and reading everything. Poor Natalie is 7 weeks pregnant and not feeling well so she just sat and waited for us- sorry, Natalie, for taking so long!
We then went to a really nice mall and did a little shopping. We ended up at The American Girl store where Andrea and Natalie bought some fun stuff for their girls. I just walked around and dreamed about how fun it would be to have a reason to buy one of those cute dolls!
Andrea and Natalie with all of their good finds!
Saturday morning we slept in again, ate our free breakfast and then got pedicures. We decided to get 4th of July nails and even though they were all totally different, they all turned out really cute!
The whole show was put on by these two women. We didn't really know what to expect, but they were surprisingly able to carry the whole show. Definitely worth the money!
After the play we went to a place called "D Bar" which is a dessert restaurant owned by Food Network celebrity Keegan Gerhard. We were a little scared of the menu since none of it made sense to us, but everything was really good. It was the perfect way to end a perfect weekend!
Sunday morning we had to get up early to catch our flights. I almost missed mine since I had to get searched at security (thanks to my insulin pump) and they took forever. I literally had to run to my gate and they said that they had been paging me. Thankfully I made it in time.
The kids were really excited to see me and to get all of their fun surprises that I brought for them. Thanks to Jon for coming up with the idea for the trip and for watching the kids- they loved having an all boy weekend at home!
2 comments:
what a fun trip! Girl's weekends are the best and it looks like you girls had a great time with each other. You always think of such fun things to do! I appreciate that you are reading Hunger Games during your pedicure.
Aw, your girls' trip sounded like so much fun Sarah! You deserve it! Love all the pics.
Post a Comment