Jon's parents came down to visit over Memorial weekend and the boys were really excited to see them. Jake had been saying for weeks how much he wanted to see "Pink Grandma" and "Grey Grandpa!" We tried to figure out why he called them this and finally realized it was because Grandma Lorelei has a pink room in her house and Grandpa Ron has grey hair! What a funny kid!
They arrived Friday evening and we had a barbecue and just hung out in the backyard for a while.
On Saturday we went to Newport Beach and had lunch, let the boys ride the carousel and got ice cream and cotton candy!
We then rented some Surreys and rode down the street to the beach.
I left the boys' swim suits in the stroller which was in the bike rental shop, so we let the kids just play in the water in their clothes!
I think Jake won the award for the most sandy and wet!
The boys actually sort of looked at the camera for this picture with Grandma and Grandpa.
Then enter Jon and I...
Jon and I went out with his parents later that night to a really good seafood restaurant in San Clemente. Jon's dad made sure that we got a table outside so that we could watch the ocean and the people walking by! It was a fun atmosphere and the food was delicious.
Sunday morning we let the boys ride in Grandpa's convertible which they love doing. We then went to church and Grandma and Grandpa headed back home. It was a quick visit, but we always have a great time whenever they come down.
We love you Pink Grandma and Grey Grandpa!!!
3 comments:
All of your recent posts have been so fun! Happy Birthday to Nathan -- I'm with him: Birthdays are a VERY BIG DEAL!
Love the camping! I am excited to camp with you all in a couple of weeks! I hope Jake is still excited when you come out! His smile is so big in all of the pictures!
And I think I will call my parents Grey and Pink from now on!
FUN POSTS! Thanks for the updates and the pictures! it is so fun to read and see all the adventures you are having!
They seem like great grandparents! Your kids are so cute. I think all kids hate their parents when it comes to trying to get a picture at this age! I would love to live so close to the beach!
Did you go to the restaurant on the pier in San Clemente? That place is the best! I love sitting outside and people watching. You have to sit outside if you're by the beach, right? What a fun weekend. I love the family picture on the bike. That is hilarious that Max is sitting front and center! I want to rent one of those! Love your bangs too. You look great. Have a fun girl's weekend right now!
Post a Comment