Monday, March 28, 2011

The First Four Weeks

It's hard to believe that this little girl is going to be four weeks old tomorrow. Time is going by way too fast, but we are trying to enjoy every minute of her! She is a really good baby as long as she is being held! She will only sleep at night if she is laying on me or snuggled up next to me. This was really cute for the first few weeks, but now I'm getting really tired and am ready for her to sleep in her basinette (which is only a foot away from my bed)! I am loving getting her dressed everyday and picking out her coordinating outfits, headbands, blankets, burp cloths, etc. I honestly love just sitting and holding her all day long, but now that my help is gone I'm having to put her down a little more so that I can get something done and help the boys with what they need. I wish she could just stay little forever!


Here is a picture recap of her first four weeks...


My friend, Catherine, had this sign made for Maggie and I still haven't taken it down because I love it so much!



The boys were so excited when they got home from school and saw that Maggie was finally home from the hospital and was here to stay!



Max has had a hard time adjusting to not being the baby of the family anymore. He went from just being angry and doing everything he could to misbehave to screaming at Maggie everytime she cried, to finally being able to deal with life and hopefully loving his little sister!



Jake and Nathan have been really good with her and love that Maggie is a part of our family now!



Maggie didn't want the boys to feel left out with her getting so many gifts and all, so she bought each of the boys a present and the boys bought a little baby doll for her!






It's so fun to see little splashes of pink around the house now!



Her first sponge bath was a family affair, but she didn't seem to mind everyone watching her!




Let the cute outfits begin...


(A lot of these were taken with my phone since I'm too lazy to get the camera out, so sorry about the low quality!)






This was right before her one week check-up. She weighed in at 9 lbs., 8 oz. and the doctor was a little concerned because I guess she should have been up to 10 lbs. by then. So she told me to feed her longer each time and since then she seems to be plumping up just fine!




The doctor also said that she looked a little jaundice, so we had to lay her in indirect sunlight twice a day for about 4 days or so.



I wanted to do something special for Maggie so I made this quilt for her.



More cute outfits...



She'll lay on this mat or sit in her swing for about 5 minutes at a time- I'm really working on getting her to not have to be held all of the time, but we've got a long ways to go!





Nathan loves to hold Maggie--even when she's sleeping and I ask him not to. He always just says that she's so sweet and adorable that he can't help it!







She's loves sleeping on daddy...



Not sure why these next 2 pictures got turned around, but you get the idea!




Aunt Heidi came to visit which was so much fun! We love whenever we get to hang out with her!!!




This was Maggie's first time going to church. She was 2 1/2 weeks old and everyone there was so excited to meet her!




A few more more cute outfits...







This was her second time going to church and this time we all coordinated with the purple theme!





I love this next series of pictures! It pretty much captures what life is really like around here!!!



I think Max is taking this picture- not sure who is holding the pillow up!






And there you have it- Maggie's first few weeks. We are loving this little girl so much and can't even remember what it was like without her!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! And I love that Eleanore had some of the same outfits - before she suddenly was eight months old, which came out of nowhere! They grow fast!!!!

Kathryn

Molly said...

Yay! She is so cute! Lovin all the pictures - girls are so fun! I am so totally missing my little baby girl who just started crawling... Mia was the same - had to be held in order to sleep {during the day especially}. It was sooo hard but we got through it and I hardly remember it now because she is such a good baby now! I really tried to enjoy it since I knew I wouldn't be having another one to cuddle... At 4 months she started sleeping in her crib, yay! Anyway, it feel like forever ago and I miss her now that little, even if it meant my back killed by the end of each day from holding her!

Heather said...

Best dressed girl in So Cal! Look at all of her outfits! Who knew her mommy would dress her so well?

Can't wait to meet her! Maybe in April?! We'll be down in a few weeks. Will call.

Johanna said...

So glad you get to dress her and that everyone in the family is so excited about her -even little Max! Thanks for posting all those pictures. She's so cute!

Robyn said...

She is adorable. Love all those cute outfits! You look great too Sarah!! Hope she finally gets on a good sleeping pattern. It's probably hard not to let her go all the time cuz she's so cute and cuddly. That's so sweet that Nathan likes to hold her all the time!

Nate said...

Sweet girl. The primary kids we SO excited when you made it back to church. And that little pink dress is/was darling. I love the picture of her crying while wearing the shirt that says "HAPPY". :-) Classic