The Sunday before St. Patrick's Day my parents hosted a St. Patrick's Day party at their house for all of the grandkids. Everyone wore green and the meal was complete with corned beef and cabbage, green salad, green jello, rolls and mint oreo ice cream dessert. I have never eaten corned beef and cabbage before and it was SO good! It might have to be a new tradition in our family!
On St. Patrick's Day the boys were really excited to come home from school and find that a leprechaun had left chocolate gold coins on their pillows!
Maggie looked so cute in her little shamrock dress and leggings!
No pinching for Maggie- only love from her big brother!
Getting ready to eat our green dinner...
The meal included green milk, broccoli, green bread, green chicken and mushroom pasta and rainbow jello.
Jon's mom spent all day making her famous rainbow jello. The boys helped her with the layers and it turned out perfect as usual!
It was fun to have Grandma here to celebrate with us!
Happy Green Day!!!
1 comment:
I love that jello -- but not enough to actually make it myself! :) (I did get to enjoy it though because Emily made it too). Such cute pictures. I really like that one with my mom. The children are all laughing (did you tell a joke?) I think the St. Patrick's tradition at your mom's sounds like a blast! It's always so fun to see all the cousins together.
Post a Comment