So Jon was supposed to fly to Vegas last Thursday night for a dental conference and then come back Saturday evening. About an hour before he was going to leave, I got this grand idea that the boys and I should all go with him to get out of the smoke for a little bit. We haven't been able to go outside all week because the smoke has made the air quality so bad and the boys have been going CRAZY having to stay inside all week. I was dreading a weekend without Jon and with 2 boys who are literally bouncing off of the walls. School was cancelled, our Trunk or Treat got rescheduled, so why not go with him? So we threw some stuff in a bag, hopped in the car and were off to Vegas. Thankfully there was no fee for cancelling Jon's flight due to the fires.
We had a great time while we were there! While Jon was in his conference the boys and I went and visiting some of our good friends who live in Vegas. Even though each of our visits were short, it was still so fun to see everyone and catch up with what's going on in their lives. When Jon wasn't in his conference we took the boys to the strip to see the lions, M&M World, and the Bellagio gardens and water show. We took them to the park and just let them run around in the fresh air and we ate at one of our favorite restaurants, Memphis BBQ. We topped the evening off with a Peanut Butter Cup Custard from Sheridan's Frozen Custard- it was so good! We really need a custard store down here.
On our way home yesterday Jake started complaining and I turned around to see that he had blood all over his face and arms! I quickly realized that he just had a bloody nose, but it's always scary to see your child with blood all over them.
So we got home just in time to throw on some clothes and go to our friends Halloween party. Jon and I went as Dwight and Angela from the show The Office and our good friends Robyn and Dave went as Jim and Pam. As it turns out, not that many of the people there actually watch the show, so they all didn't totally get it, but we still thought we were pretty funny! The party was really fun- great food, games, decorations- and it's always fun to spend a night away from the kids!
20 comments:
How fun and spontaneous of you to jet off to Vegas. Looks like you all had a great time. I love how they decorate the Bellagio Gardens every season. It's always so pretty.
You guys look great dressed up like the office cast. What game are you playing?
It looks like you had a fun weekend! Glad you got away from smoke for a little while and had a good trip. (And glad it was nothing more serious with Jake than a bloody nose!)
We love your costumes!!! We love that show and can't get enough of it!
Sounds like so much fun, makes me homesick for Vegas. Glad you could get away from the smoke. Great idea for the costumes, you all look really good.
I'm so glad you guys went to Vegas with Jon! I would dread the weekend without the spousal unit, too. Especially being trppped inside all day. YUCK.
You guys did a TON in Vegas. I bet the boys loved it. So scary to see Jake covered in blood. I'm glad it was okay.
The party looks awesome. I'm so bummed I had to work. Next year, I am definitely NOT going to be at the hospital.
Oh, and Christmas music is the best. Ever. No matter what time of year it is.
That trip sounded like a ton of fun!!! I wish we did fun things more often. You are a true example to me Sarah. I think it's pretty awesome that your child has a bloody nose so you stop to take a picture instead of cleaning him up. Sacrifice for the memory!!!
What a fun time you guys have been having! How do you find so much to do in Vegas? I can't say I've ever actually stopped there, so I don't know how hard or easy it is to find fun stuff to do.
Your costumes are the best!!! You guys totally look like the cast.
How is it that you have two kids, are pregnant with the third and you STILL manage to lead a more exciting life than I?
Way to go Seh. Your costumes are hilarious. The party looks like so much fun!
I just updated my blog and clicked on your blog and saw that you had too! How fun! Last night was fun, even if nobody knew who we were. It sounds like you had a fun time in Vegas. I'm glad you got away for a few days!
i am with you on the whole christmas music before thanksgiving. i've been listening to it since july. too bad we don't celebrate this great holiday twice a year. that would be perfect. i am soooo excited for the holidays this year. i can officially start the festivities on thursday morning. zac makes me wait until halloween is over.
wendy's right, pretty funny you take a picture of the poor boy before cleaning him up.
you guys make an awesome angela and dwight. such a fantastic idea. too bad your friends don't watch the office. i just don't associate with anti-office-ites.
vegas looks like a lot of fun. i like the strip every once in a while. lots of entertainment going on there. your boys might be crazy, but at least they are cute. see ya in two weeks!
Christmas music before Halloween? Your kids must be so confused. ;)
Vegas on a whim, Disneyland every other weekend, parties, etc. K, Brian and I really need to get out more. You have two kids with one on the way and you're not too tired to do all of these things? After a week at work it's hard to peel myself off the couch on Saturday and Sunday. Maybe I need to take some vitamins. Or, maybe we should just have some kids!
Love the pictures. Nathan look so much like you. So cute! Glad you had a fun family weekend. Oh, and your costumes are hilarious. The Office is our favorite show. I love how you're holding Sprinkles.
I actually started listening to my Sarah Maclachlen Christmas cd on October 1st and I totally thought of you since you have always been such a Christmas-music-lover. I thought you would be proud. Glad to hear that you are keeping that tradition alive.
And your costumes?? Love them. Too bad the people at the party didn't watch Office. Too bad b/c it's the best show and I love that you dressed up as them!
I'm glad that someone got to go away for the weekend! Looks like fun. "Beets, bears, Battlestar Galatica..." Very ingenious.
I am so glad that you came over to see us while you were in Vegas. It was the highlight of my weekend! I love the halloween costumes...so funny! You two are perfect. We miss you guys!
I have to admit that I am an anti-Christmas anything before Thanksgiving. Please don't hate me! I just like to savor each holiday separately. anyway, so jealous you went to Vegas but glad you had a good time. And I'm totally loving your costumes. My bro is totally into that show. He'll love it! You are just way too ambitious! I wish I had half your creativity and energy. You're awesome!
I love your outfits for the party! And I love that you are holding a cat! So great. Fun seeing you and Nathan at Chuck E Cheese the other day. You look great!
Sarah,
I showed my roommates your costumes--because they really love the show and they were laughing so hard! They really thought that you and Jonathan looked the parts! We especially liked the cat and Jon's face on his little "Dwight' doll! I love reading your blogs. I visited my grandparents this weekend and they really enjoy your blog as well. They look at it often! And you look great for being pregnant! I love the pictures! Love, Annie Draper.
I love the costumes and the show, you guys look great and the cat is the best touch! How fun you guys got to go with Jon to vegas and away from the smoke, hope everything is ok with you guys. Let us know about your next conference maybe i'll get Pete to take the whole gang. I love your pictures of your boys
So I just found your blog! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations Sarah. It has been fun to sort of "catch-up" via your blog...
Andy should have joined you on Halloween. He wore a Dunder-Mifflin "Staff" uniform shirt we picked-up at the NBC store.
So glad you raced back in time for the party! The Office Staff just would not have been complete. Even though not everyone at the party were Office fans, you still managed to get lots of "costume comments" in the bowl . . . hmm . . You guys looked great!
Post a Comment