Our cute BYU football players!
So I am finally getting around to posting our Halloween pictures that I am sure you have all been waiting to see!!! The Monday before Halloween we carved our pumpkins for family home evening. This process took about 10 minutes since the boys were rather impatient and just wanted to get it done! The next day Jake brought home a pumpkin that he decorated at school- it's supposed to look like him. He was pretty excited about it!
Tuesday night was our ward's Trunk or Treat and the boys had a great time! They ran around the cultural hall playing games and then we went out to the parking lot where Jon took them from car to car collecting candy. They thought this was such a great thing- all you have to say is "Trick or Treat" and everyone just gives you candy! On actual Halloween night we took them around our neighborhood and they got a ton more candy. They were old enough this year to go up to the doorsteps on their own. Jon and I had fun standing back and watching this process take place. They would get their candy, say thank you (most of the time!) and then run to the next door.
After Trunk or Treating Jake and Nate sat to survey their candy with their friends Trent and Summer!
When we got home they each dumped their candy out on the table. They couldn't believe how much candy they got! We let them eat some that night and then by the next morning they had already forgotten about it and haven't brought it up since! Sadly, Jon and I didn't forget about it and we have been eating it all week! What great parents we are!
Jon came home from work on Halloween dressed like this and it seriously scared me! Apparently he forgot to dress up so at lunch his assistants went and bought him this shirt to wear for the rest of the day! Needless to say, he put his regular shirt on back over it while seeing his patients, but he thought it would be funny to see my reaction to it when he got home!
16 comments:
oh my goodness, jon! where did they find that shirt? why wouldn't he want to see his patients in it? it was his costume afterall.
such cute football players. now next year you can have a whole basketball team with all those boys of yours.
that shirt is awesome. will he wear it over thanksgiving break maybe? byu football players, genius and so cute. i need a kid so i can take them trick or treating and eat all their candy. i love all the pics.
Halloween looks so fun. I agree with Becky. I need kids so I can steal their candy. I tried to steal my nieces candy but they wised up pretty quick and called me out on it. Sad to be outsmarted by a two year old, but it's probably for the best...
Loved seeing the pictures. The boys look way cute. You and Janae were on the same page this year! I can't believe Jon's shirt! Oh my gosh!
The boys look great, I am glad they had so much fun trick or treating. My kids have not forgotten about their candy, but we just eat it when their not looking. So sad!! Gotta say Jon, as a boy from Delta you have come along way :)
i love that shirt! I saw some people wearing them at the carnival and I totally wanted one! That's awesome. And hey, enjoy the candy! You're eating chocolate for two! :) Loved seeing the pictures. You guys are adorable as always.
I love it!!! The boys looked awesome and there are no words for Jon's shirt. I'm with Becky, I want to see the shirt over Thanksgiving! Derek and I did the same thing with Norah's candy...it was delicious.
I love it!!! The boys looked awesome and there are no words for Jon's shirt. I'm with Becky, I want to see the shirt over Thanksgiving! Derek and I did the same thing with Norah's candy...it was delicious.
HA! That shirt ROCKS!! Well, only because it's fake. I could never tats like that.
The boys look adorable. Where did you get those treat bags. They're cute. Just think, next year you'll be standing back watching the boys with a little babe in your arms.
Jen, please don't remind me!!!
Your boys looked so cute in their costumes. I loved that they were role playing, too, with the tackling and all.
Jon's "shirt", um no words for that one. He's a trooper to wear it AND allow the pic on the blog.
Brian is jealous of Jon's shirt. It's always been his dream to have tat "sleeves." He says his arms are too wimpy though, so he would never do it - thank goodness! Ha.
The boys look so cute in their football costumes. This is definitely foreshadowing... I've seen them in action!
LOVE your boys outfits. they are so dang cute. love jon's shirt. i am sad that you didn't take a picture of you in your vest that your mom sent you when we lived together in #91.
oh yeah, christmas music is totally fair game now. check out the one that i posted on the sidebar of my blog. you would like it.
I thought Jon was topless! That is funny. What happened to the Tinman costume? Your boys looked great as football players. That was a really good idea for their costume.
The T'shirt is a big hit!!
Your boys were so cute at trunk or treat- runnin' around all crazy with their dad.
I have been reading your blog and you kept bringing me to tears(good tears)...is it a pregnant thing?
Anyways I am tagging you. Take a look at my blog. www.joshsays.blogspot.com for rules.
For some reason, I don't think my last comment published. So, here goes again.
Love the shirt!!
You're blog is so sweet and fun. Can I come live with you guys?
Tag, You're it. Check out my blog for rules. www.joshsays.blogspot.com
Post a Comment