Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Weekend With My Man in San Fran

So our actual anniversary isn't until December 22, but we decided to celebrate early this year and take a trip to San Francisco. My mom and dad watched the kids which was so nice of them and nice that we knew that they were in good hands. We left on Thursday afternoon and got back Sunday evening. Here are some of the highlights of our trip!


We rode the trolley several times to get around town since we didn't rent a car. It was fun to stand up and hang off of the side as we went down the hills- kind of like riding a roller coaster! We went to a Cirque du Soleil show on Friday night called 'Kooza'. It was under the big top and like all Cirque shows it did not disappoint. We decided that we want to see all of them at some point in our lives!
Saturday morning we went to a Farmer's Market down on Embarcadero (thanks to Heather and Missy's suggestions!). We bought some good dried fruit, pastries, and chocolate covered almond brittle- it was all so delicious and was just fun to walk around down by the pier and enjoy the cool morning.

We then took a tour of a WWII submarine. I couldn't believe how small everything was inside- I was getting a little claustrophobic being in there. Look at how small the doors leading from room to room were. I definitely have more respect for the men that work down in these submarines.

We went on a cruise around the bay that took us under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz Island. It was really cold and windy on the boat, thus my hair sticking straight up in the picture! Once we got back we ate some famous clam chowder in a bread bowl and fried shrimp to warm us up!

Saturday night we ate at a restaurant called 'The Stinking Rose' which is apparently called that because it is a garlic restaurant. Everything is served with a ton of garlic which was delicious, but provided for some serius bad breath afterward! (Thanks, Heather again for this suggestion!) Now what's better to get rid of a garlic taste than an ice cream sundae from Ghiradelli Square! It was so good and not nearly big enough for us to share (sorry, Jon!).


We then made our way through Union Square where this giant Christmas tree stood and over to a holiday improve musical called 'Let It Snow'. The whole thing was done by six improv actors and was hilarious! One last stroll through town and some mint hot chocolate was the perfect way to end our weekend in the big city!

16 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Looks like so much fun! Jer and I could definitely use some alone time! Glad you got a nice vacation. And Happy early Anniversary. You two are so awesome.

Melanie said...

How nice to get away for a few days! I'm glad it worked out and the boys were well taken care of while you were gone. Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

Hi Sarah. I'm on a break from court. I'm so glad you had a great weekend in SF! Happy early Anniversary! I love the pics you posted.

We'll be in the OC from the 8th through the 14th. We're actually staying in Newport Beach, so let me know if you want to double date one night for dinner!

Andrea said...

Catchy title :) Looks like you guys had a great time, it was probably some much needed together time. What a fun way to celebrate your Anniversary. You look great, over half way right? Lets talk soon.

Tonya said...

You guys had so much fun! I can't believe how much you packed in. So great. Your gray coat is really cute. It looks really warm.

Jen said...

How fun!! So glad you guys were able to get away.

UMMMM... A little concerned about the prego dangling (okay, hanging) off of the edge of a Trolley.


You make San Fran look so fun!!

Happy Anniversary!

Cortney said...

To my Fellow Christmastime honeymooners... glad you had fun. Steven and I are going to S.F. for our little Anniversary get away too at the end of the month. I just copy and pasted your itinerary... I'll let you know how it turns out! Glad y'all had a good time. Where did you get all those cute jackets??

with love, r said...

Man you guys look chilly!!
We are glad you had a great time though and got to enjoy all that great food!

Becky said...

mmmm...soup in a bread bowl sounds delicious right now. sounds like you two love-birds had a blast together in san fran. i want to go there sometime. you'll have to tell me all the yummy places to eat. that sundae looked divine too.

Anonymous said...

you guys had the best anniversary ever! that was so much fun! your hair on the boat really made me laugh. and then you looked perfectly perfect again while you were eating.

happy anniversary! a break always does a marriage good, huh? i want to make it a biannual thing. but i'm not very good at leaving my kids...

Missy said...

Oh my goodness, you made the most of SF. Looks like so much fun. Soup in a bread bowl sounds so delicious right now. Happy Anniversary!

Tamara said...

You're sure doing a good job of making me miss Christmas in the golden state. Way to rub it in, Seh!

Wendy said...

What's a holiday improve show-or do you mean improv show? Hahaha! I loved your pictures. Someday I hope to spend a weekend with my man anywhere!!! That is besides Provo and without a baby. You're cute!!!

Chelsea said...

What a fun trip! I am jealous. Happy Anniversary!

April said...

Glad you had fun in San Francisco. We still love to call that home and our favorite time of year there is Christmas. A little jealous I guess. Happy Anniversary to you guys.

cat said...

looks like SO much fun, and despite what you say, you look GORGEOUS!!!