So Jon and I are going to San Francisco this weekend for our anniversary. We are looking for ideas of fun places to visit and things to do there. I know that some of you know the city well and some have even lived there, so if you have any suggestions for us, please let us know!!!
8 comments:
i have no idea really. i 've only been there once for a volleyball tournament and we didn't get to do much. eat fish and visit alcatraz. i am sure whatever you do will be fun. you will be with jon and mom will be watching your kids. does it get any better than that?
I have only been there once, but I do remember the granola at the W Hotel was the best breakfast.
How fun for you guys!!
There are several great cafes and restaurants at the Ferry Building on the Embarcadero. The Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market also runs from 8 a.m. 'til 2 p.m. on Saturdays. Shopping at Union Square is always fun... My favorite places to have lunch are Perry's on Union Street and Polkers on Polk Street. They have great burgers and salads. Union Street and Polk Street have many fun shops as well. The Stinking Rose in North Beach (at 325 Columbus) is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. Chestnut Street in the Marina District has many fun shops and restaurants. A perfect place to sit and chat on Chestnut is The Grove. And don't forget to walk all along Fillmore Street. There are so many shops and restaurants along Fillmore. Great views of the marina and the GGB from the top of Fillmore as well. A trolley ride through the city would also be so fun.
I'll be in SF visiting Rochelle next weekend (30th-2nd). We may see The Color Purple at the Orpheum Theater. Check out other shows playing in SF at san-francisco-theater.com.
Have a Happy Anniversary!!! Has it been seven years? Congrats!
Sound like fun!
I have only been there once as well- went to the Embarcadero, got some sourdough bread...
Have a great time!!
How fun! We onlt spent a little time there but I had always wanted to go to Alcatraz. We did the night tour and it was so cool and pretty eerie if you're into that type of thing. You need reservations ahead of time for that. The only other thing we really did there was eat clam chowder in a sour dough bread bowl, yum!
i think you should take heather with you as a tour guide! she is pretty knowledgable about San Fran.
Wish I could help you out. I've only been there once and Bree was a newborn so I was very frazzled!
Ghiradelli's on the bay! It's the best-- a little overpriced, but worth it! So yummy!! Have so much fun.... oh and Bill says you HAVE to get chili in a bread bowl!! It's his favorite and I can never re-create it here at home. Sleep in, relax and enjoy! Happy Anniversary! Love, Jules
I love SF and would move there in a heartbeat -- have SO much fun! And congrats on your anniversary. Obviously Heather gave the most info, but I second shopping Union Square and lunch at The Embarcadero. Farmer's markets are my absolute favorite so I'd bring home some fresh veggies or at least get a big chocolate chip cookie while you are there. The botanical garden is fun too. Golden Gate Park is my favorite to just read in, though it might be kinda chilly right now (actually it is quite often there). Have so much fun!
Post a Comment