Last week I didn't have Young Women's on Wednesday night so we decided to have a family fun night. We took the kids to Boomers (previously Palace Park) and let them miniature golf and ride all of the little rides they have. I think our favorite ride was the slick track cars. Jon and I were very impressed with how fast they went! It was such a fun night- perfect weather, fun activities and happy kids- what more could we ask for?!!!
I think the boys finished 18 holes of golf in about 10 minutes. They would drop their balls about 6 inches from the hole and then hit it in and move on to the next hole!
Max sat in the stroller smiling the entire night. He's such a good kid!
Jake and I rode the cars and then Jon and Nathan took a turn.
The train was probably their least favorite ride since it moved so slowly. Nathan was doing "Choo choo" as it went around.
The boys LOVED the tea cups- I don't think they stopped smiling the entire time.
This was the first time the boys rode a Merry-Go-Round by themselves. They didn't miss us at all!
Our final ride of the night was this free-falling frog hopper ride. It was so much fun- perfect for Jake and Nathan. After I rode with them the worker could tell how much Jon wanted a turn so he let him ride with the boys for free! Look at the smile on Jon's face!!!
We also hada fun weekend. Jon and I try to go out every Friday night, but have sort of gotten stuck in a dinner and a movie rut. We decided to be a little more creative and so last Friday night we ate at a nice restaraunt on the beach and watched the sun set. We then took a walk down the beach. It was such a nice night. Jon said that we don't need to go to Hawaii now that we can go on dates like this here- um, think again! I'm holding him to his promise of Hawaii before our ten year anniversary!
Saturday night we went to a party at our friend's house. We played the game Mafia and as we were leaving one of the couples was talking about how they had to speak in church the next day. Jon told them that if they could somehow incorporate the word 'Mafia' into their talk he would pay them $5! The husband is a pretty shy guy so we didn't think there was anyway he would do it. The wife spoke first and made no mention of the word Mafia. Then the husband got up and in the middle of his talk he was telling a story and said, "..and then this Mafia type guy came towards me..." All of us who were at the party starting cracking up and yes, Jon did give him the $5 he promised!
The good news of the week is that we are making huge strides in the potty training department! Jake has started using the potty- finally- and is having fewer and fewer accidents everyday. He still won't poop in the potty, but neither will Nathan and he has been potty-training for 6 months now! I'm seriously so sick of cleaning up poopy underwear or pull-ups. I just don't understand why it is so hard for boys to poop in the potty. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!
I think that's all for the weekly update!
GO COUGARS!!!
13 comments:
I'm always so jealous of how many fun things you have to do there in CA! I have to make up my own fun. :( I'm really wishing I could go to Disneyland for all the Halloween decorations and stuff. Hmmm, maybe I'll mention it to Jer! he he. I am loving the Mafia story. That is hilarious!
Wow, I had no idea that Palace Park, now Boomers, had so many rides. How fun!
I can't believe he said Mafia. That was awesome. I really didn't expect it. Let's do that every week so that we listen really hard during sacrament meetings.
That picture of Max is adorable. He is so cute.
chuck e cheese is as good as it gets around here-that place look fun! i love jon's face in that picture, who's having more fun?
You guys are so fun! I love how you always do fun things with your kids. It's awesome. I love Jon's excited face...it's hilarious! Way to make time for a little family fun. I'm proud to call you family.
We have Boomers here too! Looks like the Drapers had loads of fun. Love how you and Jon have date nights every week. So cute.
What a fun family night. It looks like the boys had a great time. I love romantic strolls on the beach but you do need to hold Jon to the Hawaii promise! There is nothing likw a Hawaiian sunset! Thatg Mafia story is hillarious, I love it.
I'm glad Jake's making potty training progress... I don't know what to tell ya on the pooping in the potty, neither Hayden or Brynley had that problem...sorry.
sounds like a fun week. the walk down the beach sounds so romantic. too bad there is no beach here in the AZ. one day...
that boomers place sounds like a blast.
sorry no great advice to get boys to poop in the toilet. zac has no problems in that area, thankfully.
Looks like a fun week, love that picture of Max and the boys look so cute with Jon on that ride. Mafia story...awesome. Date night sounds fun, thumbs up on the potty training, they will get it. Next time we do Disney we should do it in the fall I remember all of your cute photos from last year.
Seriously you guys are so great...and you are pretty hilarious yourselves! Max is a cute little guy and we are glad he is such a good baby! His hair is getting darker it seems...or maybe he is just getting more hair! And we gotta say it--nice face Jonathan! We would have given you a free ride as well! :) (We did work at the Lagoon!) And (this is Annie now) Heidi makes ridiculous bets all the time too--and I always lose! :) Love ya!
You guys do so much fun stuff.
Sorry, I don't have any poop advice. Seriously one day after continually going in diapers, my boys have just magically said, okay, I'm ready for the potty now. Very strange.
What a fun life you lead! Your baby is growing up!! He's so cute.
yeah, you guys pretty much rock as fun parents! as we speak i hear screaming in the back yard because i locked the boys outside so they wouldn't ask to watch a movie!
as for the mafia thing, i should give justin a word to say while he is conducting this month. which word should i use?
You are the cutest mom Sarah. I love checking in and seeing the cute things your family does together. I love these types of outings too.
PS: I'm SO glad your eyes are feeling better. Problems with eyes + eyesight always scares me.
Post a Comment