So I realize that this post is long overdue, but I figure better late than never. Here are some of the fun things we did leading up to Halloween...
The boys got to practice Trick-or-Treating by going to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. I think they hit every car at least 3 times!
After church one Sunday Nathan decided to put his glasses on Max and see how they looked. The poor guy- his eyes were cross eyed trying to focus with those glasses on!
I bought this little gingerbread haunted house kit at JoAnn's. I was pretty excited about it, but it ended up being a huge mess. The orange icing was too runny so it made for a pretty gross looking final product! The boys had fun making it so that made it all worth it!
In keeping with tradition, we made and decorated Halloween sugar cookies!
Jon's work had a pumpkin decorating contest where the patients were the judges. Jon sold his soul and created this pumpkin (free hand) thinking that he would get lots of votes from Laker fans. He ended up getting 4th place. I don't think he realized that most male patients probably don't care to participate in the 'Cutest Pumpkin' contest!
The night before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. The boys each wanted the first letter of their name carved into their pumpkins instead of a Jack-o-lantern face. I think Jon did a great job!
We decorated the outside of our house with pumpkin lights, ghost lights and orange icycle lights. The boys were pretty excited about it!
This is the best picture I could get of the 3 boys in their Halloween shirts! Unfortunately they were only able to wear these shirts once since it has been so hot here. Next year I'll have to remember to buy short sleeved shirts!
And now that Halloween is over you know what that means... IT'S TIME TO START DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
8 comments:
So much fun! You guys have been busy!
The last picture makes me laugh, because that is real life in all it's glory! :)
Max is so cute sucking that thumb! I'm sure you won't think that in a year, but for now it's cute.
Looks like a lot of fall fun. The boys looks so cute with their pumpkins, and I love the haunted house. I am a little sad about Jon's pumpkin :) Fun idea for the office though. Glad you had happy fall. Wish I could decorate for Christmas, you know Ryan's RULE.... we did listen to Christmas music on one of the samplers at Target yesterday, it was delightful.
p.s. yea for prop 8 all of your hard work paid off
Amen, Andrea! Alright on the Prop 8! Thanks again for all your hard work! Anyway, your fall sure sounded festive. Can't wait to see what the next couple of months bring!
what cute fall pics. zac thought the laker pumpkin was pretty funny. he also loves your hair and fully supports me cutting mine. thanks for being the brave one.
The glasses on Max are awesome! I love Nathan's face in that picture.
cute, cute pictures! I loved Max with glasses (and Nathan's terrific smile).
Post a Comment