Here's what we have been up to this weekend...
Jake had his last soccer game Saturday morning and I'm not going to lie to you, I am very excited that the season is finally over. The first few games were great- Jake was totally into it and even scored a few goals. However he quickly decided that soccer just wasn't his thing and would just sit down in the middle of the field or behind the goal and say, "I can't do it." Either that or he would wonder off and one of us would have to go chase after him and bring him back. If you look closely at this picture you will see Jake sitting in the baseball stands with Jon and Nathan while his game is going on! I think this attitude change had something to do with the fact that there was a ball hog on Jake's team that would steal the ball from anyone that had it and dribble down and score a goal every time. The coach never told him to pass the ball so I think after a while this got really old for Jake (and me) so he just decided that he was done. Baseball starts in the Spring so hopefully it will be a better experience for him.
The highlight of the season was definitely getting his trophy- he was pretty excited!
After the game we came home and got everything ready for my whole family to come over and watch the BYU v. Utah game. The party was fun, but the game was so sad. Poor BYU.
After the game we picked up the babysitter and went with some of our friends to see Twilight. I couldn't believe that Jon and the other husbands agreed to go, but surprisingly Jon actually like it- more than I did. I thought it was way too over the top cheesy, but I still enjoyed it. I think for Jon not knowing anything about the story line was actually an advantage. He just found it entertaining and wasn't comparing it to the book the whole time. So it turns out that two of the husbands liked it and the other two were having suicidal thoughts the whole time! You'll have to see it for yourself and let me know what you think.
My hand is healing nicely, though it is still pretty sore. My hand is all bruised, but the doctor wasn't too worried about that. I go in Wednesday to get the stitches out. I just can't wait to get full use of it back- my left hand is pretty useless!
So we sat down at church today and I looked over at Jake and realized that the security tag was still on his sweater vest! Apparently Jon didn't notice when he put the sweater on him that there was a huge security tag hanging off of the bottom. I didn't know what to do about it, so I just left it on there. Our Primary chorister called tonight to let me know about the tag. She said that Jake was playing with it all through Primary. Great! Way to draw attention to it, Jake! So embarrassing.
Here's a close up of the tag just in case you didn't see it in the previous picture!
Nathan came home from Nursery today with this picture that he colored of Jesus. I'm thinking that we need to show hom more pictures of Jesus so that he can get a more accurate idea of what colors to use!
And last but not least, my sister put this picture of me on her blog today and I was laughing so hard when I saw it! It's weird that I don't look anything like any of my kids- it's probably better that way!!
And that's it for our weekend. Pretty exciting, I know!



14 comments:
it's been a while since I visited your blog (sorry!) and laughed hard at the tiger in the creche! I wish you a quick hand recovery. And I LOVE the pictures you have over the years on your blog!! Your favorite time of the year is definitely here :)
I love the bangs...do you think they will come back like that? Forget the swoopy bangs and go for the all out roll! Sounds like a fun and exciting weekend...love the security tag story...
I can so relate with the soccer thing. We tried for 3 seasons and finally gave up. Hayden would just run around looking at other things that were more interesting than the game.
I like Nathan's rendition of Jesus, very creative. I supposed to go with some girlfriends to see Twilight and then Andy asked who he was going to see it with, I think he's more excited to see it than I am! We're planning on seeing it this weekend. He read all the books, I haven't!
Love the picture with the awesome bangs! I think I have a few similar pictures somewhere.
Woo-woo! Sexy mama! Man, the good ol' days. Gotta love their ability to boost our self-esteem. he he Sounds like a fun weekend. I hate when security tags get left on!
I'm so impressed Jon agreed to go to the movie with you. Billy would have only gone if I promised him some really expensive new electronic toy! :)
Glad soccer season is over for you. Hope things go better during baseball.
Good luck healing and loved the old picture! We all have some just like that! So humbling! :)
Loved all the stories but I have to say Nathan's picture was our favorite! We laughed pretty hard for a while! And, the 80s had unfortunate trends, but you were still so cute! Can't wait to see you! Heidi and Annie
I'm very impressed with Nate's coloring. He is so smart and artistic!! I guess I should've gone to see Twilight tonight. Some friends went Sat. morning and tonight but I keep turning down the invitations because I want to read the book first - sounds like I shouldn't. And nice picture. I need to go see who posted it.
sweet tag jake and awesome dress sarah. where can i get myslef one of those?? you really don't look like your boys, that's why you need to have a girl so we can have a mini "sarah, don't jump over the wall kid". i hope you remember that home video i'm referring to. too bad for that lame kid who hogs the ball all the time. you should have taught jake how to take him out. there's always next year i guess.
Love that picture of Max, and the one of you is also lovely, I had bangs just like that. Hopefully Jake will like baseball more than soccer. Nate wrote his name so well on the picture. As for the movie.....I liked it, didn't love it, thought the makeup was awful. But I am optimistic I think they will get better as they keep making them. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!
Oh man, I hope Jake grows to like soccer. I didn't start playing 'til I was 8 or 9. Give it time :).
K, that pic of you as a little kid is hilarious and so cute. Love the outfit and bangs. Such a trendsetter, even in the 80s!
I love your new header. I need you to tell me how you did that. It's so fun to see the yearly progression as more kids are added.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Your sense of humor makes me laugh.
OK, I was all sentimental reading your post until I got to the part with your bangs. Sarah! Seriously, why did I have those exact same bangs when I was little and WHY OH WHY would our mothers do that to us. I love it!
Hey Sarah, its Erin (Woffinden - Lund). Its good to see what your up to and your boys! Who in the world takes their kids to church with security tags on them--seriously, how tacky! (J/k)
Post a Comment