Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Day

Jake woke up at about 6:30 Christmas morning and I got up with him since I wanted to make sure he didn't go downstairs. We played upstairs for 2 hours until Nathan finally woke up. Even when they were both up neither of them remembered that it was Christmas until we told them that Santa had come. They then got really excited to see what he brought them. We woke Max up and headed downstairs.

All Jake wanted for Christmas was animals so he got a little jungle thing and a ton of animals. He also got animal books, an animal floor puzzle and lots of learning games. The boys got a Radio Flyer wagon to share.

All Nathan wanted was letters so he got a letter magnet board, a letter floor mat, a letter electronic writing desk, a tool/construction set, a cash register/check-out thing and lots of books and learning games.
Max got a xylophone and a few other little toys.

Nathan was pretty excited about all of his new toys!

Max found one of his gifts and had no trouble ripping it open. He didn't even care that there was just a boring shirt inside!

Max was pretty good at opening all of the little compartments on his new toy.

Jake got a new baseball glove and baseballs since he is going to be starting baseball next month.

Oh Santa, don't you know that if you leave any crumbs at all that Nathan will finish them off for you?!!!

Jake was so excited about the handprint that he made at school for us!

After opening all of the gifts we headed back out to my parent's house for breakfast and the adult gift exchange. I think we finished opening gifts in about 2 hours which is a record time for us! Jake kept himself entertained by playing with this little electric screw driver. Every time he screwed a screw in he would get so excited. If only Santa would have known he would have brought Jake one of these!

Once we got back home the boys were happy to just sit and play with their new toys. Nathan walked around measuring everything with his new tape measurer and Jake played with all of his animals.
Jon and I both got the flu that evening which wasn't fun at all, but at least we got through all of the festivities before we got sick. None of the boys ever got sick which I am so grateful for. Overall it was a really fun Christmas and I'm sad that we have to wait a whole year for it to come around again!

9 comments:

Annie and Heidi said...

It is so fun to see all of the fun Christmas festivities! There is always something magical with children and Christmas. We love how Jake gets so excited for animals and Nathan loves his letters! Did you get a scrapbook of your blog? Looks like the holidays were fun...we look forward to more pictures!

Nat Lud said...

I love these pictures! Santa was sure super creative this year. I mean, the kids give him one word to work with and look at all the stuff he came up with! Awesome. Your boys are so cute. Hope you are feeling better and no more sickness find ya!

Heather said...

What fun! Looks like Santa treated the boys pretty well this year. Where do you store all of those toys??!! Great pics.

What did Mom and Dad get this year? ;)

Robyn said...

What a fun day! I love all your Christmas Eve pictures with you and your family performing different acts. I wish I could've been there to hear Rudolph!

That cash register that Nathan got is awesome! It has a conveyor belt! And I love that treehouse you found for Jake. Where did you get that? Trent would love that. I love how in the first picture Nathan is so excited for Max's toys.

And his rainbow suspenders are pretty funny too. Ha ha! Funny kid!

Emily said...

Cute pictures. Merry Christmas!

Sunny said...

I can't believe your kids sleep in so long in the morning. What a fun Christmas! Sorry about the flu - I had it a couple of weeks ago too - it stinks!!

Andrea said...

Your Christmas looks like so much fun. So nice to be able to be with family and stay close to home. Sounds great! Your boys look like they had so much fun. Hope you are all feeling better. Merry Christmas, so sad it is already over!!

Tamara said...

What a fun Christmas. Hooray!

cat said...

love their jammies - so dang cute. they all look so excited. apparently santa did a pretty darn good job!