It's a tradition in Jon's family to get really excited about number patterns on things like clocks, dates and car odometers. When Jon was about 15 and vacationing in Illinois he remembers pulling off the side of the road and celebrating the fact that their odometer had hit 100,000 miles. They would celebrate at 4:56 on January 2, 2003 since it would be 01/02/03/04/05/06- you get the point.
So Jon was really excited when he noticed that his odometer was nearing one of these number patterns. He took pictures in anticipation of the big event and as soon as it happened he pulled over, took a picture and then called me to give me the big news! It doesn't take much to get him excited!!!



14 comments:
Does he get excited when he see 11:11? Freaks me out! It kept happening when I would go to bed thinking it was a random time and it would be 11:11. I researched the significance (googled) very reliable source..:-) Ha Ha.. to 11:11 and it said that it meant your life was nearing the end...so you see why I hate 11:11. LOL...;-) 123456 that is a fun one though!
wow. exciting.
That's too funny. We've all got our little things, don't we? :)
I think Brian and Jon were separated at birth. Wow.
How funny! Didn't know this about Jon! I like to add my numbers up like when it is 1:45 then 1+4=5. Yeah. I'm weird too!
That sounds like a Draper! I have to admit I notice patterns like that, but I haven't yet celebrated quite to the extent that a Draper would...
I laughed out loud before I even saw the pictures! I just knew what it would be! I'm glad he's staying true to the Draper gene! Way to go Jon! :)
oh the little things in life that make us happy. way to really find the little things jon. sarah--pretty please email me the vday games when you get a chance. thanks. our party is on sat.
i like number things like that too. that is a huge deal on an odometer though! wow! Cortney's comment cracked me up.
I am the exact same way! YOu can imagine my excitement that Bree was born on 2/2/2000. I tried to get my other kids birthdays a good date too, but unfortunately they just came on a not so perfect date. I hope I have this baby on 4/9/09, though.
Jon, Jon... why am I NOT surprised?!?! We love you for so many reasons, including your oddness...jk. You're funny!
I did not know this fun little quirk about Jon. Hey we need to find pleasure in the simple things right?
um...awesome?
It's the little things, right?
Post a Comment