So we've had sort of a rough week around here in the injury department. A week ago Jake was running around the backyard and somehow ran right into the patio cover pole causing him to have a huge scrape and goose egg on his forehead. Then a few days later Nathan was running around the house and ran right into a door knob causing him to have a huge bruise and goose egg on his forehead.
Then Monday night Nathan and Jake were playing in the backyard when we heard them start screaming at each other. We then saw them run into the house and up the stairs and then we heard a huge crash followed by Jake screaming and crying. We went running up there and apparently Nathan was mad at Jake so he chased him upstairs and pushed him into the corner of the wall causing the back of his head to split open. So we cleaned up all of the blood and the wound and then Jon super glued it back together. I really think Jake's teachers are going to turn us in soon if he doesn't stop showing up to school with a new injury everyday! It's so embarrassing.
On Wednesday Nathan was at my mom's house while I was at the doctor's with Jake. My mom called and told me that Nathan fell off of her tall bar stool right on his chin and split it open. So I finished my appointment with Jake and then dropped him off with my mom and picked up Nathan. I took him to Urgent Care where they put six stitches in his chin. Nathan did such a good job holding still and letting the doctor put the stitches in. I was so glad that we didn't have to go to the ER to do it. I must admit I was a little grossed out watching the procedure. I could never handle being a nurse!
Nathan had to wear a huge band-aid over the wound for the first couple days. He had Spring pictures at preschool the next day which I'm sure are going to turn out really cute with his bruised forehead and the band-aid on his chin!
I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that in almost six years of crazy boys running around the house we have only had one head split open up until now. Let's stop with the injury streak now, boys. I can't handle any more blood!
15 comments:
OUCH!! I only knew about the chin! Hope you had lots of Tylenol! Then again, your boys are so tough they probably didn't even complain! And what happened to the post from last night? I didn't get to see it!
Ugh, I hate blood. We have luckily not had anything like that happen at our house (knock on wood), but I'm sure it is coming... Poor Nathan with his school pictures and all of his wounds!
Holy cow! I can't believe all the war wounds! I hope for your sake it settles down too. :)
I couldn't handle being a nurse either--I almost passed out just looking at the picture of Nathan's chin. I hope things quiet down around there, too. We've only had one head split open, and it was Hannah jumping off the table and hitting a pillar with the back of her head. We used the same remedy and we were happy when it finally healed and we didn't have to see the wound anymore in her blonde hair. :)
Ahh..life with boys. I love how Nathan looks so proud of his war wound. Trent has bruises up and down his shins most of the time and had bruises on his head from falling from ages 1-2 when he was learning how to walk. It's what they do! I can't wait to see his school picture!
WOW! Quite the streak of unfortunate events! We are seriously amazed by you Sarah! Those are two crazy boys! But, Jake is such a sweetheart! And, way to be brave, Nathan! Hope things settle down now. :) (Wow, on the explanation points too!)
Quite the week at the Draper house! Poor little guys, I love how it hardly even phases them though. They are tough kiddos. Hopefully this week will be injury free.
LOL...I know it probably wasn't all that funny when these things happened but reading about them, sounding like I was reading a fiction book! ;-) How is mom holding up through it all? You sound so calm and have a great attitude. I would be crying by now.
Gotta love little boys! Wow guys, simmer down! Nathan just cracks me up. Every picture of him makes me crack up. He is quite a character. So do you remain calm, cool, and collected during all of this? I can just imagine you and Jon racing upstairs to respond to a screaming couple of kids. Poor Jake's head. I can't wait to see Nathan's pre-school pictures!!!
Jake and Nate, you need to stop... you're freakin' your mom out!!
Geez. Both boys with big cuts. I am not looking forward to that with Bryson and Zach. I guess I should be thankful that Bryson is a little fearful:) They both look all happy and smiley though!
WOW. so not fun. how are YOU holding up? kids are so resilient, it is us as moms that suffer.
that school picture will probably end up to be your favorite!:)
You're holding up well Sarah! The boys are lucky to have you taking care of them and loving them through their ow-ees.
Those boys sure keep you busy.
That is an amazing string of bad luck! And school pictures to boot? For what it's worth, they make battle wounds look good.
Post a Comment