Nathan is in a really fun stage right now. He comes up with the most random things and sometimes mixes up his words. The other day Jon was mowing the lawn. Nathan saw him out there and said, "Oh, I need to go help Dad lawn the mow!" I thought this was just a one time mix up but when they were finished he told me that they were finally done lawning the mow!


A couple weeks ago Nathan's preschool had a Mexican Fiesta where they sang songs, broke eggs filled with confetti on each other's heads and broke a pinata. His preschool is always doing the cutest things and Nathan loves it!




Nathan and Jake are finally starting to play pretty well together. Here they are giving their Jeep a car wash! (Nathan has told us that he really wants a real Jeep when he grows up!)

Jake has always been really aggressive and just recently Nathan has decided that he's not going to take it anymore. So anytime Jake hits him he just starts beating him up back. It's kind of sad because Jake just cries and cries since he doesn't understand why Nathan is hitting him and because I'm sure it hurts since Nathan hits so hard. It's hard as a parent because I have to tell Nathan that it's not nice to hit, but on the other hand I sort of want him to put Jake in his place and make him realize that it's not okay to hit him anymore. Jake has laid off of Nathan a lot lately, but has now focused most of his aggression on Max! Poor Max. He's got a few years before he can fight back!
Today Nathan's preschool did a Valentine's performance. Nathan is such a cute little Valentine!


The other day we were driving and here is the conversation that Nathan had with me:
N- Mom, I think when I am a dad I want to have 2 girls and 2 boys.
M- Yeah, that's what I wanted too!
N- I'm going to name one of them 'Trey'. That will be for a boy.
M- How'd you come up with that name?
N- I don't know, I just like it. I think I will name one of the girls 'Emily'.
M- That's a good name.
N- And the other girl 'Daisy'.
M- What about the other boy?
N- I'll let the mom pick the last name.
M- That's nice. Who is the mom going to be?
N- Whoever you want, Mom. You can choose. Who do you want?
Wow. If only he still feels this way in 18 years I can pick anyone I want for him to marry! The only criteria will be if they are willing to name their kids Trey, Emily and Daisy!
I love you a lot, Nathan. Please don't grow up too fast.
6 comments:
That is awesome! I love that Nathan has his family planned out and that he is going to let the mom name one of the children! He is so cute! I like the idea of arranged marriages...I am trying to get my mother to arrange mine! She is working on it...SLOWLY! I am excited to see you all in a week! Love ya!
I love this post. What a sweet boy.
Such a fun conversation! Remind him of that one pretty often :) He's super cute.
How cute. I remember the day my younger brother realized he was bigger than me. It was a rude awakening! ;) I hope they continue to be the best of friends. I'm sure Nathan will be a great help in helping Jake to understand stuff. Cute boys!
Nathan is so stinkin' cute! Love that kid! I wanted 2 boys and 2 girls too!
He is so cute and smart. I love when they start to discover the world, although it is sad how fast they grow up. I wish I needed to lawn my mow!
Post a Comment