I got up early Friday morning to go running and just as I was heading out the door the phone rang.
"This is the Sheriff's Deparment. Dr. Draper's dental office has been broken into."
Are you kidding me? Jon was very calm, but I was a little more worked up about it.He cruised down to the office to survey the damage.
Apparently it was just a smash and grab. They kicked in the front window (which faces a courtyard away from the street) and grabbed the cash drawer. They also went through all of the drawers looking for narcotics. Luckily there were none to be found.
Total damage was $300 in stolen cash, $500 for a broken window, $150 for new blinds and $150 for new signage.
Jon wasn't allowed to touch anything until CSI came and took fingerprints. We're pretty sure that they aren't ever going to catch whoever did this which is so annoying. They broke into the Yoga place next door as well and took all of their cash. What is wrong with people? I guess we're lucky that they didn't take anything more than just the cash and that they didn't cause more damage. The whole experience is just so frustrating- I'm amazed at how well Jon handled it!
7 comments:
That sucks! I am so sorry. It is totally annoying that those type of people ruin stuff for everyone else. UGH!
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. This is Ryan's biggest fear, we were just talking about it the other day. I am glad the damage wasn't too awful. I hope you can get everything back to normal soon.
Oh no, this is so terrible. Good to hear they didn't destroy everything. This is so frustrating. People who do that kind of things are so frustrating and thoughtless. I hope you are feeling ok now. Jon and his colleagues are in my prayers.
Who are these people who think they can steal? I felt violated when Scott's BIKE got stolen--I can't imagine how this must feel.
Oh, Sarah, I'm glad nothing worse happened, but still, how unsettling. I hope you guys can get it all fixed and back to normal soon.
I'm so sorry Sarah! That's really, really horrible! I feel so sad reading this and seeing your pictures!
It is just so hard for me to understand how someone could feel that it is their right to break into, cause damage and steal things that are not theirs. Grrrrr, so sorry.
Post a Comment