Maggie Lynn Draper
March 1st, 7:55am
10 lbs. 1 oz.
20 1/2 inches
My c-section was scheduled for 7:15 in the morning which meant we had to be at the hospital at 5:15. So we dropped the boys off at my parent's house the night before and got up bright and early and headed to the hospital. I had to take one last pregnancy picture before we left to document just how big I was with this pregnancy!
Everything went so smoothly this time around. My nurse was Allison Neilson from the stake and she was awesome. The anesthesiologist was so good to listen to all of my concerns from my past c-sections and he made sure that none of them happened this time around. I love my doctor and he did a great job with the c-section. Overall it was such a better experience than I've ever had. It almost made me want to do it again... almost!
We had a little family contest to see who could come the closest to guessing Maggie's weight. My sister, Christy and my brother-in-law, Derek won both guessing 10 lbs. even. My guess was 9 lbs. 15 oz. so I was pretty close!
After the surgery we went to the recovery room for an hour or so where we got to hold Maggie for the first time.
We finally made it to our room and my mom and Max were waiting there to meet baby Maggie. Max was pretty excited to hold his little sister for the first time!
After school my mom brought all three boys to meet baby Maggie. Jake and Nathan were SO excited! Nathan had been counting down the days to her arrival and came into my room the morning before she was born and just stood there with his finger up. When I asked him what he was doing he said it meant that there is only one day left until Maggie is going to be born!
Jake ran into the hospital room when he got there and said, "Maggie came out!" He then said it about 50 more times while he was there because he was so excited!
Four men and a little lady...
First family picture with the six of us!
My mom brought even more gifts for baby Maggie and the boys loved helping me open all of them!
After about 20 minutes the boys sort of lost interest and started running around the room finding things they could play with.
Wait... this isn't what the closet is supposed to be used for???
Jon and the boys brought Maggie and me this balloon and flowers along with a nice card!
The next day I couldn't take it anymore and I had to put Maggie in her own nightgown and matching hat. Luckily the hospital didn't seem to mind since she looked so cute!
This is pretty much how I spent the rest of my time in the hospital when I didn't have visitors there. Maggie slept with me every night and now she doesn't want anything to do with her bassinett now that she's home. I just can't help holding her all of the time! She's such a sweet baby!
Friday morning it was time to go home so I got her dressed in this adorable outfit that my mom got for her. Notice also the quilt that she is laying on- my mom makes a quilt for every grandchild and this is the one she made for Maggie. I love it!
All packed up and ready to get home!
I'm actually one of those people who loves the hospital and the few days I get to spend with just the baby. I was a little sad to leave and nervous about facing the real world, but excited to get this little girl home and welcome her into our family!!!
15 comments:
Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful. And I she already looks like she will be able to hold her own amongst all those men.
Welcome welcome baby Maggie!! I love that picture of you and Maggie sleeping together. And the smile on Jon's face... It's so sweet. And you looked super cute pregnant, up to the delivery day :) Also, I just noticed how much you and Nathan look alike!
Hope all of you transition well to being 6 :)
Wow, Sarah...it's so fun to see you with a girl! :) I love the pictures of your boys with her. Very sweet. Congrats!
Congrats guys! I love all those adorable outfits... so cute!
congrats! I sent your nursing cover yesterday... sorry I am SUCH A SLACKER. Well, not really, but sorry it took so long to get it to you! Hope you are well! She's darling!!! Yeah for pink!
She is adorable! So happy she's here and all is well. She is going to be one spoiled little lady!
Oh man! She is cute! So glad everything went well. I LOVE, LOVE that pic of you sleeping and holding her! I'm thinking a visit very soon is in order. Is that okay? :)
She is so beautiful! I am so glad you posted. The boys all look so happy to see her. I bet they will be the best older brothers ever! She looks so adorable all dolled up in cute clothes and bows. How fun. I cannot wait to meet her!
Annie
hooray for you guys. she is so cute and i can't wait to meet her. i'll have to find a time i can come and visit soon.
What a doll. I can hardly wait to come and spend some time with your wonderful family. Lorelei
What a cutie!! She is going to be well taken care of with all those men protecting her ;) I am with you--I relished the days in the hospital, just me and the baby...and not having to cook or clean up messes.
Congratulations and Welcome, Maggie! Cute baby, cute family. Love you guys!
CONGRATS Sarah and family! She is beautiful! I love the picture of her sleeping with her little arms wrapped around you. So adorable. We just got home from Africa yesterday so this is the first I've seen the pictures and heard the updates! We were thinking about you while we were gone. So glad everything went so well and we hope the transition home was smooth for all! We hope to meet baby Maggie soon!
She is so so so so so so sweet. I can not stand how happy I am for you! What a little doll. Are you just so thrilled for a baby girl? I'm excited for you! I can't take it! Now if only I could pull myself together and mail you your gift!
She is so beautiful! What a sweet face. Congratulations!
Caitlin
Post a Comment