So I've now been tagged by a number of people so I guess I should take a few minutes to share a few things about myself. I actually think this is a fun tag because I've learned so much about my friends that I never knew before. I hope the people I tag will take a second to do it as well. Here are the rules (although I won't be following #1 or #4)!
1. List the link to your tagger and also post these following rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird, etc.
3. Tag 7 people at the the end of your blog also leaving the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are “TAGGED” by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I am an open book. I talk a lot and will pretty much tell anyone anything they want to know about me if they ask (or even if they don't!). Because of this, most of you probably already know everything I am going to write- sorry!
2. I love to use a hyphen when I write or type. I know that I don't use it correctly, but I don't care. I have always used it- and will continue to use it because it's just kind of my thing!
3. I am obsessed with Christmas. When I was younger I would start listening to Christmas music come Sept. 1 and then on Oct. 1 I would decorate my bedroom. Now that I am married with kids that might get a little confused if I decorate on Oct. 1, I try to wait until a couple weeks before Thanksgiving to start putting the decorations up. Christmas music is game anytime of year, however. It just makes me happy. I bought 2 new CDs today and have been listening to them all day. I love it.
4. I am athletic, or at least I used to be. In high school I played volleyball, basketball and ran the hurdles in track. My main sport was basketball where I set the school record for the most points scored in a single game- 34 points. I have no idea if the record still stands, but it was kind of fun at the time. I also ran a marathon last October and a couple of half marathons before that. I really miss exercising now that I am pregnant and not really doing much anymore.
5. I like to be really good at anything I do and get really frustrated when I am just not good at something. Like being a mom. As much as I try, I can't seem to be good at it. I always thought that I would have these perfect little kids that were well behaved and loved to just sit and do activities with me all day. So not the case! I have crazy boys who can't sit still for more than 5 minutes and could care less about anything I say. Maybe I should save this for another post!
6. I am a craft imposter! I think people think that I am crafty because I like to make cards and scrapbook, but I really am just a great copier. I have a hard time coming up with ideas on my own. I used to take picture of my friend's scrapbook and then download the pics onto my computer and scroll through them whenever I needed an idea! I miss your scrapbooks, Andrea! I really wish I was born with a creative mind, but unfortunately, I wasn't.
7. I have a hard time being fake. I've always admired people that always have a smile on their face and are always so nice and friendly to everyone. Not that this makes them fake, but in my case, this doesn't come naturally for me so it would be fake if I was just always smiling and cheesy. Like at Target today when the worker came over and asked me if I could please have my son sit down in the cart because he could fall out and hit his head. I could have smiled and said, "Thank you for being concerned about my son's safety." Instead, I said, "Thanks, I haven't been trying to get him to sit down for the last 10 minutes or anything..." Something I should probably work on!
So that's me! I am tagging Andrea, Natalie, Janae, Melanie, Wendy, Catherine and Tammy!
Aloha! (Spring Break)
8 years ago
11 comments:
Fun stuff! I can attest to your athletic capabilites. I am proud to say I knew you when you set the record. And you ARE good at everything you do--even being a mom!
We are two open books huh? We should talk more often and spill our guts. I wonder what you would think of me now?...
Those Target people are so strict!!
i already knew all of these things, except the hyphen thing. i think it is good you use it improperly,it's a free country. i had know idea you liked to be goo at things. j/k
This was a fun post to read. I knew you liked Christmas, basketball, and running, but I didn't know you were a craft imposter/ hyphen junkie. Part of being creative is pulling a bunch of ideas together. I love your holiday cards. I'd buy them if you'd make and market them! You're a great mom, so you're way wrong about that. Hey, remember when we worked for SVUSD's after school program? Just play dead and maybe that will work...ha! ha! I'm totally kidding.
i loved reading this post. i am with you on the christmas music - love it! people are so weird about it.
oh yeah, and martha stewart is just a copycat too. she takes all of her ideas from her teams of professionals!
I remember you decorating your room on October 1st. I always thought it was kind of funny, but now that I'm a mom I want to do it!
And you are such a good mom, I love when you update your blog on things you do with them so I can do the same things!
I love your response to the Target worker. Haha. I like that you are honest too - about having a third boy and being an open book.
Okay first of all, do not even get me started on the Target workers. One of them had me in tears last summer, huge pregnant. It was bad. I feel your pain.
I love it that you are so open, no hidden agendas, huh?
I **LOVE** Christmas, too. It's so much more fun with kids, too. It brings the magic back. LOVE it.
At least you are just a craft imposter, I am an everything imposter. Cooking, decorating, parenting, etc. Hey, if someone has a good idea, rip it off, right? Megg, copying is a form of flattery.
And, finally, YOU are a great mom. You have so much patience with your kids, and they adore you. You are doing a great job.
Don't be so hard on yourself! You are a great mom! Haven't you learned from your husband that boys don't listen - no matter how old they are?
I am a Christmas fanatic too! I'm dying to decorate!
Wow, 34 points? Even when I was manger of the team, I don't think I saw that record. I guess I just didn't motivate them enough...
I knew we'd be good friends from the moment I met you because we spoke so freely to each other and could share anything about our lives. I love being an open book too.
I am an imposter too, except it never turns out the same. You might say you're an imposter, but I know you're crafty on your own too.
I am so sorry you had a bad experience at Target. I keep hearing stories like this. Maybe we should all switch to Wal-Mart where it's too crowded to notice a child standing in the cart.
We've already discussed your parenting issues so all I'm going to say is that someday when you're sitting around the fire singing Christmas songs while Jake frosts sugar cookies (that you made together) and Nathan applies the sprinkles while laughing a jolly laugh, and Max is laying them on the plates to be delivered to friends and family, you and Jon will look at each other and laugh and say, "Ho, ho, ho, remember those days when they were so wild and didn't listen? I can't believe it was just a year ago."
You're awesome, love the sarcasm at the end. The people in those stores drive me crazy. And hey, if the stores have Christmas stuff out a few days before Halloween, why can't we? I agree, fun to read other people tags. It is fun to learn about you, again:)
I am also a craft imposter from a little company called Stampin Up.... I wish I still scrapbooked :) I haven't ever really noticed the hyphen thing I must have thought it was normal. You are a good mom!!! I am getting very excited for Christmas music, you know Ryan though, he is one of those with the rules. I promise to do the tag thing soon.
I loved reading about you! Some things I knew, and some I didn't. I especially enjoyed the Target story - sometimes I wish I could just say what I was thinking. :)
Post a Comment