Jake has had his own set of difficulties to deal with, but has never been like this with this kind of attitude. The hardest part is that Jake is a follower and so he is totally following Nathan's bad example. I feel like I have two 2 year olds who are smack in the middle of their terrible twos. Both kids have a hard time staying in time out so this past weekend I had Jon install knobs on their doors with the locks on the outside. This way I can lock them in for time outs and they will realize that there is no getting out. Is that really mean? I guess I am at my wits end with them and am out of ideas. We'll see how this works!
All of this being said, I do love Nathan a lot and there are many moments where he makes us crack up and is really sweet. There just seem to be a lot more moments lately where he makes me break down crying and wanting to scream!
Isn't he adorable?!!!
PS- I just looked over while writing this blog and Nathan has climbed up onto the counter (again) and is climbing into the sink- what am I going to do with this kid?!!!
17 comments:
i don't know what to say other than i am sorry, what a great idea with the locks. luckily i think they will get through this stage, i just hope you live to see it. good luck with your crazy boys. have you considered a depressant drug??
that was me, s.a.s. and i know, it's depressent with an "e" right?
Seh, Nathan clearly does not have the ball. I've heard it said over and over that it's a good thing two year olds just happen to be adorable because otherwise their moms would beat them. Thank heavens Nathan is so cute! (Just keep repeating that to yourself)
Whoa climber - no way! He really is the cutest little boy though Sarah. Really, he is so adorable. I'd for him and Avery to be bff someday.
Yeah, twos are bad, but threes have been way worse for me. It's crazy.
He is darling, though. Boys who are climbers are extra challenging, but a nurse friend (who is much older and wiser) told me that she thinks that boys that climb are much more coordinated so they rarely get themselves into trouble. Who knows.
2 year old boys...sometimes you just want to strangle them and then the next minute you can't stop kissing them. My Mom always says to say to yourself "this too shall pass" ;)Good think he is so stinkin' cute!
Okay, I love that picture of him eating yogurt. Is he asleep? I think Nathan is hilarious! He really is such a sweet boy. I know you have your hands full and I'll be calling you when Trent starts with the attitude. Oh wait, I think it's already started...
Gotta love it! Just when you think you have your children figured out, they hit a new 'phase.' Hope he doesn't drive ya to the nuthouse! (But if he does, make sure you request a room by mine!)
We had to put the outside lock on Ellie's door around 2 1/2 also. It was the only way to keep her in time out. Luckily it passes. I think boys stay in it a little longer, unfortunately for you! And each kid is so different. Ellie has such a strong personality and attitude that we had a much harder time with her than Nicolas. He should be going through it right now, but he still is so sweet and even tempered. I still struggle with Ellie and she is 5! Some kids are just little firecrackers!! Good luck with this stage, hopefully it will pass quickly. Too bad it has to be while you are pregant and not feeling well!
It's so hard when your sweet little baby gets older and starts acting like this. I remember just thinking, "What happened to my kid? Where did they go?" :) I hope the locks on the doors help! Good luck!
Sarah, I love the new Christmas background!
I posted some lame suggestions yesterday, but I don't have any kids yet so I really have no clue. I used to watch Super Nanny and she had some neat ideas, but each kid is different. Hang in there! "I'm Nathan Draper!"...that cracked me up!
I love the new look with the blog! You DO break out the Christmas decor early, I love it!
Just so you know, Nathan was such a sweetie at the park with Makena the other day. He was very careful not to trample her on the play ground. But I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. I've heard people say that our kids are always way worse when their with us than when their out with family or the babysitter or somthing. Don't worry, I think they'll grow out of it quicker than you think. Plus once the new one arrives they won't really have a choice but to entertain eachother. Hopefully that will make it easier for you.
I think the locks are a good idea. They can't hurt themselves in there, right? So why not?
To bad it doesn't end at 2!! He really is a cutie...love the part about his name. Such a cute personality.......kids are great though, right??
Is he asleep in the yogurt picture? That is sooo darling. Those are the times you have to remember when you are ready to pull your hair out...I know this is probably easier said than done- I'll have to get back to you when Conner starts driving me nuts!!
Sarah,
your blog is great! Nathan cracks me up, even if he is punk. K, I don't have children, and will probably cry when I do and they go nuts, but don't you hate it when all things that could go wrong do - all in one day. It kind of makes me wonder about divine senses of humor. ;) Anyway, I think you're a great mom! Love ya, Heidi
Hi Sarah, your Nathan is adorable even though kids drive us crazy @ most times, it's awesome to be a mom.
I can't find your email, can you email me when you have some time, which flat iron you like and where to find it. thanks a ton, Ale (aleray123@aol.com)
Post a Comment