Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend in Arizona

We decided to take a last minute trip to Phoenix to visit our good friends and my sister. We drove up Thursday night pretty late. The kids slept most of the time which was nice. Friday morning the kids were so excited when they woke up in this new house and had new friends and toys to play with. We hung out for a while and then went to this indoor amusement park called "Jeepers". The kids had so much fun!

I gave Max juice for the first time and as you can see, he spit up most of it. I think we'll just stick to water and milk from now on!

Jake, Hayden, Nathan and Brynley (Zac and Max didn't ride this ride).

I think we spent all of our tokens on skee ball. Even Max got in on the action!

They had this big climber/slide thing that the kids could climb up in. Max would climb up all by himself and slide down this big slide. What a big boy!

After Jeepers we drove to the temple and let the kids walk around the grounds and through the visitor's center. It's a really cool temple- different from the norm.

The boys were really cute when they saw the Kristus statue. They kept saying, "Hi, Jesus" and "Bye, Jesus!"

That night Molly made us a delicious dinner and then we all went swimming. I forgot to take pictures, but the kids thought it was really fun to swim while it was dark outside.

Saturday morning we got up and packed and got ready to go. Before we left Hayden had this great idea to decorate pizza boxes. Here they are showing off their finished masterpieces!

Molly and I taught school together in Utah and became fast friends. She is so easy to talk to- I think we talked nonstop the entire weekend! Their house is beautiful and they were such good hosts. We'll definitely be visiting them again!

We then left their house and drove to visit Becky. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures but it was so fun to see her! I hope that she and Zac end up living in California when he's done with school so that we can hang out all the time!

We then drove home Saturday night and got home pretty late. It was a quick trip, but was a lot of fun. We're sorry to all of our friends we didn't get a chance to visit. We'll have to make a trip out again soon and plan on staying a little longer!

12 comments:

Megan said...

Love it, Hi Jesus, Bye Jesus.

with love, r said...

Look like fun. I wish they had one of those indoor places close to here...besides the Discovery Center which costs and arm and a leg.

Sunny said...

Looks like you had fun!! That Jeepers place looks great! Quick trips are always so fun.

Molly said...

Hayden and Brynley missed the boys so much after you guys left! It was so fun to see you guys, thanks for staying with us. Hopefully you will be able to come and visit again. We can't wait to come out and visit you guys again soon! Jeepers was definitely a hit, I am really considering that for Hayden's B-day party.

Andrea said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Glad you could get away for a bit. Jeepers looks really fun and that Temple is really cool. I haven't thought to decorate the pizza boxes before, good idea!

Heidi said...

Sounds so fun! Max is such a cutie! I love your hair at the length and cut!

Robyn said...

Gosh, your boys are so handsome. That indoor amusement park looks fun. Arizona has so many cool things to do indoors..since it's so hot. Glad you got to see your sis too. I bet she loved having you come.


Just cooling down as I look at blogs. Good run tonight partner.

Heather said...

I want to go to Jeepers! Looks like fun. Glad you had a nice time with your friend and Becky.

Cortney said...

I'm diggin the hawk. Looks like fun.

cat said...

fun!
your boys are SO handsome. those eyes on max...
and you look SO dang skinny. seriously beautiful and SERIOUSLY skinny.
and i am digging the dress that you wore to mama mia.

cat said...

did you see the "reflections of christ? while you were at the temple there? love it.

Tonya said...

That Jeepers place looks like boy heaven! I love Max's face on the slide thing. Having WAY too much fun!