Friday, May 1, 2009

I'm Losing My Mind...

Seriously. Here is a list of all of the things I have done in the last THREE days to prove my point.

1. Wednesday I got up at 5:45am, got Carli and Justin ready for early morning seminary (we're watching them this week while my parents are out of town), drove to the church at 6:30 and when I saw that there were no cars there it hit me that they had LATE start that day and didn't need to be there until 7:10. That's 40 more minutes of sleep we all could have gotten.

2. After school that day I drove Carli to Christy's house to get her hair done for her choir concert that night and totally forgot the bobby pins. And her hair had to be in a bun.

3. I set my YW binder (I had a board meeting after the concert) and both cameras by my purse that night so that I wouldn't forget them for the concert. I was pulling out when I realized that I had just grabbed my purse and not the YW binder so I honked at Jon and he brought out the binder. I then got to the concert and was on the phone with the Honda dealerships trying to get the best deal on a new Accord for Jon. I sat down at the concert and realized that I didn't have either of the cameras (I left them on the counter) and I forgot to buy Carli flowers on the way in. Thankfully Holly pulled through on this one and had flowers and a video camera with her.

4. After the concert I ran into one of the Laurels in our ward (I'm over the Mia Maids, but still...) and proceeded to ask her who she was here to watch. She told me that she was in the concert at which time I told her that I didn't see her, but that she did a great job. I then asked her if she has another year left and she told me she was a senior. Of course I know this, but was I thinking at that point? Nothing makes a person feel less loved that you not knowing anything about them.

5. Yesterday I went to Target and then to the party store to buy stuff for Nathan's birthday party. When I got to the party store I realized that my wallet wasn't in my purse. The last I remembered seeing it was when Max was playing with it in the shopping cart. I called Target and they hadn't seen it, I went checked all of my bags and it wasn't in there and so I finally went to Target to look around the parking lot. They got the security guy to help me look and to check the security cameras but he didn't see anything. I made sure I gave them my cell phone number because my home phone was off of the hook and I couldn't find the reciever anywhere (still can't find it). About 2 hours and 20 prayers later, the security guy called and said that they found it in a shopping cart in the food cart. I drove straight down there to get it and thankfully everything was still in it. So stressful.

6. Today I got on the 5 South freeway when I wanted to go North. It took a good 5 minutes to get to the next exit and turn around. Not good when you're in a hurry.

7. I went to pick up Jon today and left my cell phone at home so I couldn't call and find out where he was. After driving around for a while I finally found him. When I got home I had about 10 missed calls on my phone.

8. I just went to publish this post and the Internet had disconnected and so I am typing most of it for the second time. Wait. Now the third time.

I either need more sleep or less going on or I don't know what. I'm seriously scared for myself. Please help!

18 comments:

Meggan said...

Oh my goodness, this is so funny, but sad at the same time. Mostly because I feel like I'm always doing the same sort of things!

I'm so, so, so glad you found your wallet! I hope our little conversation didn't distract you from remembering to grab it out of the cart! Scary!

I'm sure taking care of Carli and Justin had a lot to do with your week. Two more people, plus 3 kids, is quite the handful to take care of!!

Nat Lud said...

Um, I don't know how to help but if it makes ya feel better to know you're not alone, that's the best I can do! The library called me yesterday to tell me they had my debit card in a book i had put in the book drop off. Yup, I'm a winner! I think it's because we're moms and we never get a quiet moment to sort out the bazillion thoughts/errands/chores everything running through our minds every second. You do a lot--you are wonder woman!

Molly said...

I'm totally laughing right now. Sorry for all the trouble you had to deal with the lat few days, that stinks! Maybe you're pregnant! Hee, hee...

My wallet was left at CVS Pharmacy for three days last week. I wen that many days not needing it and when I finally needed it, I had to back track over 3 days and finally found it!

Kristen said...

LOL... welcome to my life. I do stuff like that allllllllll the time! I know what you mean by feeling like you are going crazy...but think about all of the multi-tasking you are doing. Seriously... or could you be pregnant? I mean I am bad not pregnant but ten times worse when I am???? Just a thought. I am sorry you had a stressful couple of days...I hope today will be better! Cyber hugs....

Cortney said...

hormones.

Megan said...

Sarah I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. Hopefully things will return to "normal" when you are done taking care of your siblings.

Emily said...

I know how you feel!! I'm glad you found your wallet.

Robyn said...

You are crazy busy! That's why I love running with you. I can just relax while you tell me all your interesting stories while I concentrate on breathing. I hope things settle down next week! I always leave things in my Target shopping cart. But I'm glad the security guard found it. Nothing bad can ever happen at Target.

Annette said...

Wow...the wallet thing alone is stressful enough for me! So glad the prayers were answered.

I feel like I'm losing my mind a lot lately too. I heard the other day that dark chocolate is really good for the brain...maybe we need to make a conscious effort to eat more chocolate! (Oh, and the sleep deprivation could be a major factor...) :)

Johanna said...

Wow, Sarah! This is quite funny. Except of course if all happened in a 3-day period. I hope you have time to rest soon!

Heather said...

This sounds like my daily routine and I don't have a single kid yet. Great. Glad you found your wallet with everything inside! That's the worst feeling ever.

josieposie said...

Pregnant.....?

Sarah said...

I AM NOT PREGNANT... just dumb.

Sunny said...

Sarah - this is crazy! Rest assured you're not the only one! I left my wallet in a shopping cart once too - I got a phone call from my doctor's office (the card was in the wallet) that said some random person was holding my wallet for me and I should call her. Thankfully, she was totally honest and didn't take out anything. So I know how scary that can be! I'm so glad you found yours, and intact, too!

I think you're "losing your mind" because you run circles around the rest of us! I still can't figure out how you do everything you do!! Amazing.

Whitney said...

So glad you found your wallet. So sorry everything else happened. So happy for you that it's a new week! Good luck!

Andrea said...

I totally feel your pain. I also wanted to write a post like this about my week, but I couldn't bring myself to recap it all. I am now inspired. You are not losing your mind, you are just a busy mom and all of us busy moms totally get it!! Hang it there.

Melanie said...

You're not loosing your mind. Just a little busy! :) Or a lot busy rather. Hope this next week is a quiet one. We all know where you're coming from. :)

cat said...

sarah, this post seriously makes me feel better. a couple of weeks ago on sunday, we were 20 minutes late. henry had no shoes, but was chewing gum, and then threw it up in edith's blanket IN sacrament meeting. edith blew out of everything and i had to throw away her tights and onsie (after i had to borrow a daiper and wipes). i forgot i was teaching the lesson for laurels... that was just on one day.
my life is a circus and maybe if i was a better ringmaster things would run more smoothly.

whenever i talk to my mom or sisters about how insanely ridiculous i am, they ALWAYS assure me that it is a state of life right now. SO many little ones and not enough time to think because we are always going, and lack of sleep, hormones...
so, hang in there. and be rest assured that we are all going crazy as well. at least i am. (and from the comments 17 others moms as well!)