Nathan turned 4 years old today. He has been looking forward to his birthday for a long time. He woke up this morning and we asked him if he knew what day it was. He got a big smile on his face and asked, "Is it my birthday?" When we told him yes he ran back to his bed so that we could dump his birthday balloons on him! What a funny kid!
Here are 4 things that I love about Nathan:
1- Nathan has a really silly side. He frequently calls Jon and I "Uncle Mom" and "Uncle Dad." We have no idea where this came from, but I always reply with, "Yes, Uncle Nathan?" He then laughs and says, "Uncle Nathan... I'm not an uncle!" He also thinks it is so funny to change the first letter of words. If I ask him if he wants to go outside and play, he will reply with, "Fes, I want to mo boutside to fay!"
2- Nathan is smart and loves to learn. He has been able to spell and write all of our names since he turned 3 and is now learning how to spell words such as cat, hat, love and his friend's and cousin's names. He asks me questions all the time about how things work and what different words mean. He likes to make up his own meaning of words. Yesterday he went on Space Mountain with me and when we got off he told me that it was interesting. He then said that interesting means that it went really fast! I hope he always has this thirst for knowledge.
3- Nathan is ADORABLE! I can't tell you how many times I have been stopped in a store and told that he looks like either the kid from "A Christmas Story" or the kid from "Jerry Maguire" and "Stuart Little." I love his glasses, his chubby little cheeks and his contagious smile.
4- Nathan is very polite. He always remembers to say "Please" and "Thank You" and will remind us if we forget to say "Your Welcome!" He is also a little bit of a kiss up! He will frequently say all one after another, "Mom, I love you... Dad, I love you... Mom, you're beautiful... Dad, you're handsome." It is very heartfelt!
Nathan had his first friend party this year on Saturday. He chose the Mickey Mouse theme and invited 12 of his little friends. He had a great time!
He was a great host- he greeted all of his guests as they arrived.
The kids played for a while and then we played "Pin the Nose on Mickey Mouse." They listened very intently to the directions!
We then played "Freeze Dance" to the tunes from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. It was really funny to watch the kids bust out their best dance moves!
We then decorated candy bags and let the kids take a whack at the pinata. I learned the hard way to let the smaller kids have a turn first. About halfway through I let the oldest kid there have a turn and he busted the whole thing open in 2 hits. Oops!
14 comments:
Happy Birthday Nathan! You know I think he is a very cute kid. What a fun birthday theme, the decor is all perfect. What a smart little guy you have there!
Another fun party! I forgot how many birthdays there are in May. So cute. My kids have the plasma's too and LOVE them. Happy Birthday, Nathan!
It's May TWELPH, it's May TWELPH!!I can imagine Nathan saying that!! Happy Birthday, Nate Dog. We adore you.
What a fun time! Happy Birthday Nathan.
Happy Birthday Nathan! What a cute kid, and seriously so smart! It sounds like you did so many fun things - can you come over for my birthday? :) PS Is Nathan left handed?
That was a fun party! He was so cute when he was opening presents. He would look at the person and say, "Thank you" and then their name. So sweet. He really is such a cute little boy and the fact that he can think fast enough to change the first letter of each word just spells genius!
What a fun day! You have so many fun traditions for your kids. PS. I love the way you've decorated the boys' room!
Happy birthday, Nathan! I looove the balloons idea. Mind if I steal it when we have kids? I love seeing pictures of Nathan. He could be a mini model for GQ magazine :)
Happy Birthday to Nathan! He is growing up so fast. I smiled the whole time I was reading this post ;). Nathan is the cutest. What a little ham! Love how he's posing with breakfast in bed. You're such a great MOM Sarah. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day. You definitely deserve breakfast in bed.
You have NO idea how much fun Kaleb had. He loves Nathan so much. Thanks for inviting him!!
I love the uncle thing, what a funny kid. The cupcakes did turn out very cute. My kids are dying for a plasma car, I bet he will love it. It sounds like a very fun birthday, and he is a very handsome kid!!
Happy Belated Nathan! Wow...looks like you had a great Birthday and that your mom did a lot of work! You are one loved and treasured little boy!
He is so cute and it sounds like he had a wonderful day!! We don't know anything about those plasma cars. Guess we should go check one out! :)
Sounds like a pretty fun birthday party. I sure do love those three boys. We think they couldn't have better parents than you two. We think you are the greatest. Love you tons. Ron and Lorelei/Mom and Dad
Post a Comment