So I haven't run a race since I ran the St. George Marathon before I got pregnant with Max. I thought that it was about time that I get back into training and running races. My good friend, Robyn and I ran the Saddleback Memorial Half Marathon on Monday morning. We were both a little worried about it since there were a lot of hills, but it ended up not being too bad. We ran the whole thing and finished with a pretty good time- exactly the same as my last two half marathons so I was happy with it.
This was the only picture we got of us running. I'm hoping that maybe the professional photographers got some better ones.
The proud duo right after the race. Robyn was a great running partner. She made me talk to her for the first 9 miles which actually made it go by really quicky! We then cranked up our ipods and cruised for the last 4 miles.
The kids were pretty excited to cheer me on when I crossed the finish line. Nathan made me a sign that said "Go Mom" about 15 times! It was pretty cute.
I love the flared nostrils in all of these shots- I think I was still sucking some serious wind!
After every race Jon meets me at the finish line with a bowl of Crunchy Corn Bran! For some reason it helps me not get sick after a long run. It worked! I think it was a combination between Jon giving me a blessing the night before, drinking electrolyte replenishers throughout the race and eating this cereal afterward. I was able to eat whatever I wanted right away and I never felt sick. It was so nice.
Next up on the racing schedule... The Camp Pendleton Mud Run a week from Saturday. Jon is running it with me so it should be lots of fun!
Later in the afternoon our friends from dental school stopped by to hang out and have a BBQ. The Wirig's live in Vegas so we don't get to see them very often. It was so fun to be able to catch up with what's going on in our lives!
The babies, Max and Audrey. Max kept trying to crawl out of the picture so Jon was trying to hold his head so he couldn't move!
Carter, Nathan and Brooklynn all on the teeter-totter.
Janae and I
We had fun visiting with them and hope that they come down to see us again soon. We love visitors!

9 comments:
You look great! I miss running. Looks like you are doing better!
Congrats on the race! And I don't think ANYONE would notice flared nostrils!--that was funny!
You are my hero. So proud of you guys!
You and Robyn are awesome! I'm not sure how I would feel about running those races if I knew there was a chance I would get sick afterward. Sounds like you've got it all figured out though. I am impressed!
Thanks for encouraging me to do it. I never would've done it without you. The music really helped so maybe I should've put it on earlier. I just like to talk! See you in Irvine in January.
Oh by the way, nice picture of us. Nice. You look good.
Way to go Sarah and Robyn! Congrats! What a great accomplishment. Glad the cereal did the trick after the race. Feeling sick is the worst. I forgot that you get sick after running long distance. You're amazing, or insane! ha ha See you in a few days!
Wow! Good job on the half marathon. I'm impressed. I think that's awesome. And I'm so glad you didn't feel sick afterward so you could enjoy the rest of the day with the Wirigs! :) Looks like a lot of fun.
You two are amazing. I could never do a half. I would be lucky to do a 5K right now.
Wow! Good job Sarah! I didn't know you were running a half marathon! I'm just hoping to do a 5K!!
Post a Comment