Wednesday, January 12, 2011

September

The night before school started I made this dinner for the boys to get them excited. Jon wasn't home for dinner so I texted him a picture of it and asked if he could tell what it was. His guess was a boat? Seriously? Isn't it so obvious that it's a pencil?!!

Jake started first grade this year. I was a little worried about how he was going to handle being there all day, but he had no problem with the adjustment. After a long fight with the school district through the summer, I finally got Jake fully included at our home school with a one-on-one aide. He has the same aide that he's had for the last two years so it was nice for Jake to see a familiar face when he got to school. His teacher and resource teacher are awesome and so far Jake is doing really well. We love everyone at Arroyo Vista and are so glad that we made the decision to have him go there.

Nathan started Kindergarten this year and had been looking forward to this day for a long time. He loves to learn and thankfully he loves school! His teacher is awesome and is really helping Nathan learn to follow the rules which is something he needs to be reminded of often! Academically he is doing awesome and is already reading, writing, spelling, adding, subtracting, etc.

Nathan with two of his friends from church, Kali and Sage.

This year was Nathan's second season of soccer and he improved a ton from last year. He scored at least one goal in every game and really seemed to be understanding the game a lot better. It was a lot of fun to watch!

Max really wanted to go to a baseball game so we took him and the boys to an Angel's game. Max and Nathan loved it and even though big crowds sort of freak Jake out, he was so brave and sat there the whole time. I was so proud of him! We stayed for a couple of hours and couldn't leave before getting ice cream sundaes and little wooden Angel's bats. It was a fun night!

2 comments:

Nat Lud said...

I could totally tell that was a pencil! :) You are so creative. Glad school is going so well for the boys. What a relief, eh? And I love Nathan's pics with the ladies. Watch out girls! Such handsome boys you have!

Annie and Heidi said...

I love the pencil. I knew what it was as soon as I saw it. I love back to school - always did - even though it is my most melancholy time of year. It always meant the kids were one year older, but I loved school, new school clothes and going school shopping with my mom and eating Chinese after, being with friends, meeting a new teacher, the crisp feeling in the air, etc. Fun times. Thanks for sharing them. Lorelei