Over the many years that I have been going to baby showers, I have secretly always dreamed about having a girl shower of my own and opening all of the pink clothes and homemade bows and headbands. My dream finally came true! It was seriously so much fun and everyone was so nice to come and bring such nice gifts!
We'll start off with some belly shots... it's not pretty, but here it is!
My good friend, Catherine, flew down from Seattle to come to my shower and help me get everything ready for Maggie's arrival. It was SO nice of her! She has 4 boys and 1 girl so she totally gets how excited I am. We shopped for literally 2 days straight and had so much fun together. I learned a lot about girl clothes, bows, headbands, tights, etc. and am feeling confident now that I can do this girl thing!
The shower was held at Kim Moncrief's house and everything from the flowers to the food to the decorations looked absolutely perfect!
My good friend, Robyn, helped plan the whole shower and she made these adorable little birds to hang on this tree. It was so cute!
She also made this frame as part of her gift and it now sits on Maggie's dresser in her room and looks so cute in there. It matches perfectly!
My mom and Carli were among the first guests to arrive.
Carli has been shopping a lot for this baby and was so excited for me to open her gifts. She's so cute!
Robyn is due with a baby boy just a few weeks after me. It's so fun that we keep having our babies so close together, it's just too bad that we can't seem to get the gender right!
Wait, why am I twice the size of her?!!!
It was so fun to celebrate with so many good friends...
Tonya and Jamie
Dannee, Lori and Kim
Carly, Claudia and Megan
Ani and Leslie
Me, Jenny, Kristine and Rachel
Elise and Tatiana
Brynn, Holly, Cortney and Carli
Me and Julie
Tonya and Meggan
And then the gift opening began!
Everything was so cute!!!
My mom made me 7 receiving blankets, burp cloths, a quilt and got me lots of clothes. I love her blankets and can't wait to use them!
Everything all packed up and ready to take home!
The party planning committee...
Thanks so much Robyn, Jamie, Amanda and everyone else who helped throw me the perfect shower that I've always dreamed of! One more week to go until I get to meet this little girl and start dressing her up in all of the cute clothes that I got! I can't wait!!!
6 comments:
Too cute...I love all of the pink! I'm so sad I was sick and had to miss it. Can't wait to meet your little girl. You're so close! :)
See what I mean?! You always look fabulous! I am so happy for you and that you're finally getting a girl. Looks like you are well prepared! :) Girls are so much fun to shop for. Can't wait to see her!
Oh it looks like such a lovely shower!! Glad you finally have bows and pink stuff all around :) And one more week only? This is exciting!!
I had so much fun at your shower, you got the cutest stuff. And clearly I am bigger, but just chose to wear black to minimize my huge belly and chest!! You look great, you always do when you're pregnant! Glad you had a good time, you deserved a beautiful first baby girl shower!!
So fun! What a fun shower. I am excited to see cute Maggie dressed in all her fun outfits! I cannot believe it is only one week! I am really impressed with all of the blogs you have posted and have really been enjoying them! I can't wait to see Maggie! And I agree - you look great!
Sad I missed out on all of the girl fun! :( The shower looked amazing! Your girlfriends are the best. I can't wait to see you with little Maggie dressed up all cute in your arms. What a happy time! We'll be in Africa when you bring her into the world, so hugs for you and your little princess. If you're around this weekend I'd love to drop something by before we get on the plane!!
Post a Comment