Monday, February 7, 2011

Ten Year Anniversary!

(Please try not to notice how horrible all of these pictures are!)

Even though we went to Hawaii in March to celebrate our ten year anniversary because I wanted to go before I got pregnant, we still had to do something fun on the actual day which was December 22nd. So Jon planned to have us go up to LA for the night. He found this really nice hotel kind of off of the beaten path called the Chamberlain. We checked into our hotel and then went to dinner. We then headed over to the Pantages Theater to see West Side Story. I must admit that I tried really hard to stay awake, but being pregnant and worn out didn't help and I slept through the entire first half of the play. Jon actually slept through a lot of it as well so I didn't feel quite as bad!

After the play we got some ice cream and then went back to our hotel. It was so nice to be able to sleep in the next morning and get a little break from the kids waking us up early.

We got up and got ready and headed over to the LA temple to do a session, but we got there at 11:00 and apparently the last session that day was at 10:30. Who would have known? So we went to breakfast and then drove back home to relieve Wendy and Derek who were at our house watching the kids. It was so nice of them to babysit for us, especially during their vacation!

I really am SO lucky to be married to Jon. He treats me so well- better than I deserve. I can't imagine being married to someone that didn't tell me everyday how much he loves me and who always puts my happiness before his own. He is always helpful, especially with the kids and never expects dinner to be ready or the house to be clean when he gets home, but appreciates when it is. I love him more than anything and love that we have been able to do so many fun things together over the past 10 years. Our life definitely has not been without challenges, but there is no one I'd rather go through them with than him. I look forward to what life has in store for us!

Happy Anniversary, Jon!!!

5 comments:

Johanna said...

Happy 10th anniversary!! So glad you got to enjoy a December celebration.

Heidi said...

You two a so cute! A PERFECT match! So glad he found you! And btw your Christmas tree is ridiculously cute. I keep wanting to call you but think of it at all the wrong times! I fail. Just know I am thinking of you a lot!

Nat Lud said...

The little ode to Jon at the end got me all teary! You two really are a great match. Happy 10th!

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I was wondering if you accept guest posts? I have an article/event that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com