Sunday, May 3, 2009

Farewell, Mr. Incredible!

No, Jon and I are not the car naming type.  Mr. Incredible is what the girls at Jon's office called him because he was so big for his little 1998 Honda Civic!



This car has been with us for eleven years and has been good to us.  However, the day came last week that we had to say goodbye.  Jon posted it on Craig's List and sold it within 3 hours.  It was quick and painless.



The replacement...


17 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah for a new car!! Hope he has fun with it. I love how they smell. :)

Molly said...

Yay, congrats on making the switch! The Accord suits you so much better. Glad you were able to sell the Civic so quickly and I'm sure Sarah got the best deal in town on the Accord!

Kristen said...

Looks nice....

Robyn said...

Sweet car! Love the color!

Nat Lud said...

so nice! hopefully you'll get some cruisin' time in that non-momobile!

josieposie said...

Finally, you convinced Jon to sign on the dotted line! Where did you end up getting it?

Megan said...

Nice. Guess you like the Hondas. Hopefully a little more room for you.

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annette said...

I love the "Mr. Incredible" thing...too funny! Looks like a pretty nice ride... :)

Emily said...

At first I thought "Mr. Incredible" was Jon, and maybe he was going on a trip so you were bidding him farewell. I like the new car. Its too bad Craig's List wasn't around when Jon tried to sell the car he had before this one... :)

cat said...

yeah! justin finally traded his 1989 yep '89 camry for an accord as well. he used to drive a crappier car than his assistants!

Heather said...

Congrats on the new wheels! Poor Brian is driving my old '98 Altima with a broken side mirror, ripped interior seats, broken visors, and messed up alignment from three accidents. We call that car our "soap box." He will be jealous :).

Jen said...

Nice new ride! Hondas seriously last FOREVER!!

Andrea said...

Yea for Jon, he deserves it. I can't believe how fast your little car sold. Nice! I saw one on the road the other day and thought I bet Jon looks great behind the wheel. Happy for you!

shawna henrie said...

read my post, "utah without a suitcase" we get attached to our cars too!

Tamara said...

Hey! We have that same accord. It's like it was meant to be!!! Adam traded out his 2000 Chevy Prism. Mmm hmm. Hot rod, I tell ya!

Steve and Rebecca said...

That is so funny. Steve drives a 1999 Honda Civic (it use to be my car after BYU while I was living in Boston). He looks so big in it too, but lucky for us, it is still going strong, so we'll probably have it for a few more years. I bet the new accord feels so much roomier!