Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Rest of the Summer

This post will be nice and short since the moment we got home from the cabin I started feeling morning sick and the rest of the summer was spent laying on the couch and taking Zofran so that I could get through the day. The boys spent their days destroying the house (that Jon got to clean up every night) and occassionally doing something constructive like building a fort for all of Jake's animals and then categorizing them and lining them up!

Aunt Annie and Aunt Heidi took a road trip down to Cali with their friends from Utah so we met them one afternoon at the beach and were able to hang out for a little bit and catch up. The boys LOVE their aunts and are always excited to see them!

I tried to keep the boys busy so I signed them up for some little summer camps. Nathan took a week long golf camp with a few of his friends and loved it. Not sure how much he actually learned, but he did get a cool red shirt! His form actually doesn't look that bad!

Nathan is really into money right now so he was begging Jon during the summer to help him set up a lemonade stand. So one Saturday Nathan and our neighbor, Caden set up a little stand. All of the neighborhood kids came and brought them business (Jon may or may not have been slipping the kids quarters to help pay for it) and I think they each ended up making $3.00 or so. Not bad for a days work!

And that's seriously it. The boys took swim lessons from their Aunt Bethany and I occassionally set up a little pool in the backyard for them to swim in, but basically I was too sick to do much else. It's definitely not going to go down in history as our funnest summer ever, but we made it through and by the time school started I was starting to feel a lot better. Oh, and we did find out at the very end of the summer that we are having a GIRL, so we for sure ended on a good note!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

YEAH SAH! You're back :). Loved seeing a new post from you in my sidebar! Can't wait to read more updates while you wait for baby girl to arrive. She will be here so soon! Very fun that our girls will be so close in age ;).

Love Nathan's lemonade stand and his love of money. Sounds like a future CPA/businessman to me!

Nat Lud said...

So how I feel! I was putting together out blog book from last year and it is definitely smaller than the two previous ones. I wasn't up for much blogging feeling so sick all summer. Just think how awesome this summer is going to be--new baby girls for both of us and no morning sickness! Woo-hoo!

Annie and Heidi said...

I love the animal fort and the line of animals. Kids are so great. Miss 'em. Lorelei