It's really hard to believe that Jon and I are well into our thirties now. We are an established family with a job, almost four kids, callings, etc. We are busy all day long and even when we finally sit down to watch a show or two at night we are usually working on something that needs to be done. We have wrinkles, we worry about how to help our children be the best that they can be and we have to pay a lot of taxes! We are official and sometimes its weird that time is going by so quickly. Before we know it we are going to be sending kids to college and on missions and planning weddings. It's weird. But we are loving every step of the way!
That being said, we were all excited to celebrate Jon turning another year older on February 13th. His parents even made a trip down for the occassion! His birthday was on a Sunday and we have 9:00 church so needless to say there was no breakfast in bed, but he did get his traditional balloons and song when he woke up.
He then went downstairs to see all of the decorations that the boys put up and the signs that they made for him.
A quick after church picture with all of the balloons!
After church we actually had breakfast for dinner which was Jon's request. I was loving him because it was such an easy meal to make! We then just hung out with his parents that afternoon. Jon and his dad decided to have a wrestling match in our family room! I'm not sure who won, but it wasn't pretty to watch!
Finally we opened presents and Jon got $100 worth of $2 bills from his parents and lots of clothes from me and the boys which he desperately needed!
Jon requested homemade cinnamon cake for dessert and I'm pretty sure we devoured the whole thing in one sitting! It's one of our favorites!
Nathan being silly with the birthday hats!
Happy Birthday, Jon!
Thanks for being the best husband, dad and son that anyone could ask for. We love you!!!
1 comment:
Yes we do! Happy Birthday! It looks like a fun one! You are the best brother anyone could ever ask for! I am glad you are mine! I feel really lucky! I am proud of you and all that you have accomplished in such a short time!
Love,
Annie
Post a Comment