Just a few random things from the last couple of months...
One of my goals before this baby gets here was to get Max potty trained. After months of screaming every time we even mentioned the word 'potty' he literally just woke up one day and started telling us that he needed to go to the bathroom. He's had a few accidents here and there since then, but overall he's doing awesome! It's going to be so nice to just have one in diapers now!
For Christmas I sewed this apron for Jon's sister, Emily. For those of you who know me, I am not a seamstress so I was excited about how well it turned out. A special thanks to Jon's mom who helped me out while we were in Delta!
The boys have spent the rest of their Christmas break playing with their new toys. Two of their favorites were Nathan's play school set and the mosaic legos that Grandma sent!
We made a trip to Chuck E Cheese's after Jake had a good week at school. He was loving this horse ride!
The day of our Valentine's party Jon had to go to Roadshow practice leaving me home with the boys for an hour and a half trying to get everything ready. This is what I walked down to that morning- look at those guilty faces! Needless to say after I sent this picture to Jon he came home early from his practice!
With a little over a month to go before this baby gets here, Nathan decided to make a pink countdown chain to count down the days to her arrival. It's hard to believe that there are only 6 chains left!
On President's day the boys and I were just home hanging out. Max and Jake were in the backyard so I left the sliding glass door open so I could hear them. I walked downstairs and heard way louder than I should inside the house the chirping of a bird. And then I saw it and freaked out! This is the second time we have had a bird in the house. I yelled for Nathan to come help me and after a while of it flying frantically around the house Nathan finally shooed the bird out the open door. Jake and Max were a little traumatized and didn't want to play outside anymore because there were birds out there! I had to explain to them that birds are only scary when they're inside the house, not outside!
Today was the 100th day of school! Nathan's class celebrated with a visit from 'Zero the Hero' himself and then they had a party where they made a 100 crown, 100 glasses, did 100 exercises, etc. I got to volunteer for it and I was impressed with how many 100 day activities and crafts they came up with!
Jake has been struggling behaviorly at school lately and so each week we set up an incentive for him to work towards if he gets his 20 stickers. Last week he had his first good week in a long time and so his reward was to go to Sea World on Friday since they were off of school. We were all going to go, but then my doctor told me that I need to take it easy and not walk around a lot because they are worried about my water breaking. So Jon decided that he would take all 3 boys down there by himself! I was very impressed seeing as though that he won't even take them all to the store by himself. I put the kids all in red shirts hoping this would help him keep track of them and I think it worked since he didn't lose anyone!
They actually had a great time! They stayed for a few hours and saw 3 shows which the boys loved. The nice thing is that now we have passes for the whole year so we can go back as a family after the baby is born.
I love this picture of Jake up on Jon's shoulders!
Notice Jake up in the background? Apparently he didn't want to sit as close as Nathan and Max did so he just sat up there the whole time during the show. What a funny kid!
I think that's all of the random updates I can think of for now! Only a couple more posts and I'm all caught up!!!
2 comments:
LOVE this random update! You guys come up with so many amazing and creative ways to make life easier -and kuddos to Jon for taking the boys to Sea World by himself! I am so excited about Maggie arriving so soon!! I'll stalk your blog until I see a picture of her :)
Fun pictures of your family, cute bedrooms, lots of good times. We're looking forward to seeing Maggie, too!
I love the apron, by the way.
Thank you!
Post a Comment